What Performer would you like to see a movie on?

PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I saw rockadlic's thread about what athlete would you like to see a movie about and it reminded my of a thread I wanted to start. I'm sure there has been a thread about this before yada yada yada... I would like to see "King Yellowman the Movie" His story is truly remarkable and should be heard/seen by the masses. Or I'll settle for "King Yellowman The VH-1 Movie" RESPECT !!By the way I googled yellowman for a pic and found this guy... Who the hell is this

Comments

• Chalino Sanchez

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Since Otis could never be done justice, then I'd like to see a raw, respectful version of "Black Monk Time." This is the best rock 'n' roll story in history, from an album that is one of my Top 10 All Time favorites. If handled correctly (by someone like Michael Winterbottom), this would be mind-blowing.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I have no doubt that his would be the funniest, scariest and rockingest bio-pic in histo-rie.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I have no doubt that his would be the funniest, scariest and rockingest movie bio-pic in histo-rie.

• He's not really a performer, but I think there's a great film in this guy's story and hoaxes.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Axelrod.

Starting with him as a boxer in the L.A. slums, next as a servant for a rich dude who teaches him piano. Suddenly he is a big wig at capitol, handling a bunch of legendary jazz musicians, partying with coltrane.. Then his son dying, him going into seclusion.. OBviously all this would be accompanied by a RIDICULOUS score.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

• The Chano Pozo story is one that I think should be told.He is very much a Cult fiqure in the Latin & Jazz world and I believe,co wrote manteca with dizzy.He played with most of the 50's bop scene in new york.He was also a pretty raw dude with a hot temper,and if memory serves me,died in a knife fight.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    Axelrod.

Starting with him as a boxer in the L.A. slums, next as a servant for a rich dude who teaches him piano. Suddenly he is a big wig at capitol, handling a bunch of legendary jazz musicians, partying with coltrane.. Then his son dying, him going into seclusion.. OBviously all this would be accompanied by a RIDICULOUS score.

that's a good one yo