Making Beats Outside....

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Would be the shit. How come all studios are fuckin built like caves with no windows?I need some sun. Who's with me?

Comments

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    the battery in my laptop broke before i got a chance to try this out... always wanted to make beats outside.. one day!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    people used to make beats outside on my old campus all the time

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

I was looking for pics of Sting's studio...

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I'm all about making beats in the back of my van. Best of both worlds.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I'm all about making beats in the back of my van with my dog. Best of both worlds.

• It's great for getting those birds and sirens on the vocal track. Cell phone ring tones are nice as well.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Once I get some serious tarp action going on my balcony, im thinking of putting my wurlitzer out there. I could smoke some cigarettes, drink some scotch, and play some jamming ass E-Piano under the stars.

• I remember when I got my first palm pilot. Black and white display. Like 8 Megs of RAM or some stupidly small shit. Anyways I wanted to get some add on that would allow me to have a midi in/out, along with simple wavetable and GM synth capabilities. I never ended up getting it, mainly because I just abandoned the palm pilot quickly. I'm just not that type of "organizer" person - which is all they were back then... no real media-based features, especially not out-of-the-box.

Point is though... I still have that palm pilot. And I still have the trial 4-track midi/synth sequencer software and shit. I could use it, but only monophonic. I think it even had a little theremin simulation app that I downloaded.

Funny shit. We should get a "slightly too early adopter" graemlin for those who jump on early technology and end up not using it.

• Options

Real Soulstrutters Know The Deal.....K

P.S. anyone who wants to collab on beats, I'm down. Kinda fell off and sold off all my quipment since I've been additcted to discovering new ill 45's. Still love beats, though.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I'm all about making beats fake live albums in the back of my van with my dog. Best of both worlds.

• snosno 332 Posts

Or:

• slushslush 691 Posts
    i got a 50 foot orange extension cord that i use to take my mpc outside in the summer. thats when i had a porch though, don't have one of those anymore! very inspiring though, making beats in the moonlight. yup

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

P.S. anyone who wants to collab on beats, I'm down. Kinda fell off and sold off all my quipment since I've been additcted to discovering new ill 45's. Still love beats, though.

Let's see.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

They're supposed to be coming out with a bassline maker for that too.

• the view outside my window was always a good source of inspiration.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Ah! Do you play "domino"..?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Ah! Do you play "domino"..?

No doubt

• snosno 332 Posts
    Can't get my GTA Liberty City Stories Eboot Loader to work with that. Bummer.