how many shops have closed in your city??

13»

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    wasnt 'fantastic plastic' that one store where the 'pirate queen' used to be? which seemed more like walking into a guys bedroom/garage than walking into a store? he'd be there gettin stoned or drunk, made you feel like you walked in on him... and then when you finally picked out your LPs... he wouldnt wanna sell them due to his attachment to them... or was that a different place???

There was a Plastic Fantastic in Ardmore, PA that recently closed. Many a nice digs came out of there.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Rock en Stock

That place was great. One of the guys who used to work there is now a tv news reporter in montreal. Cheap Thrills hasn't been a spot for many moons. They had two loactions, closed one & don't really have much today execpt some new records. Dutchy's is another name for Disquivel, btw.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    One has closed in sydney.
    Another changed hands and only sells house.
    Two more will be gone before the years out.
    Things are looking kinda grim here.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Mooncurser, NYC

word? since when?

Yeah, heads wanna know. I guess I'm not surprised - the guy who owned that place looked like he was 88.

Dr.Brownscelery knows the deal.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    I am about 20 minutes outside of reno and we just lost a shop called JJ's Ear Candy. They didn't have a ton of records but anything is pretty good out here.