The highest number of watchers you've had on ebay?

erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I don't think I've even cracked twenty yet. What kind of numbers do some of you ballers pull? And for what records?

Comments

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    I'm no ebay baller, but I had around 25 people watching the Bliss - Stomp 12" once, I think that was the highest I've ever had.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Godchild was at 41 a few days back.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    almost 100 for a library record. I think it was Afro Rock on KPM when it was still going strong. And about 80 for the Dee Dee, Berry & The Movements on MPS. Maybe 75 for Trifle - First Meeting on DAWN. I'm still surprised someone paid 210 Euros for my copy. Almost 300 USD.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    72 for you know what.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I think I broke 100 a couple times.

it's not the number of watchers, it's the quality of the watchers...

it is odd when something with 0 watchers sells tho.

---

• I think the Pelon record had between 70 and 80... I think I broke 100 on the Velvet Undergound banana/sticker cover.

half of the watchers on any item are other dealers/collectros with no interest in buying that are just watching to see where it lands!

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    21 for some 80$ rock record

someone posted the auction where some guy was selling a basement full of 45s & it had 500+ people watching

• Options
    Geraldo Pino had 3++. Had 800+ for a record a couple years back.

K.

• 3000+ on the karouac beat generation on dot

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Words guaranteed to get 100+ watchers every time....

X-Rated
    Risque
    Nude
    Naked
    Private Boner
    George Bush
    Dirty
    Funky Black Man Soul
    Adult Only

Description guaranteed to get 1,000+

Bush Gets Private Boner For Funky Black Man Soul LP

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

• don't remember the watchers but the web counter was over 800:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4789910946

cheers, r.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    you mean site visitors or actual watchers ("watch this item")?

visitors: about 500

• in my case 800+ visitors... watchers about 200-250 if i remember right...

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    3000+ on the karouac beat generation on dot

Damn. That is serious watch count. I wonder if gawkers just gravitated toward the price or if there are actually that many people out there looking for a record like that.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    3000+ on the karouac beat generation on dot

Damn. That is serious watch count. I wonder if gawkers just gravitated toward the price or if there are actually that many people out there looking for a record like that.

Thats probably one of the rarest records evar... I'd wager a good mix of both

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts

nahhh...about 150 on a Dj Shadow piece...same piece now would get about 12....

really, I don't think that the watcher aspect really determines the final sale price. Mostly i think the number represents the amount of people who either have the same item and want to know if it's worth selling, or folks who want to see what type of crazy money you're going to see for it.

• 3000+ on the karouac beat generation on dot

NO.... i was wrong. that was the counter on the page. i dont know about watch count.

• I'm no ebay baller, but I had around 25 people watching the Bliss - Stomp 12" once, I think that was the highest I've ever had.

ditto on the same record...probably the same watchers too...wondering if that 12's ever gonna pull 5 bills again....

"half of the watchers on any item are other dealers/collectros with no interest in buying that are just watching to see where it lands!"