ebay customer satisfaction

DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
ughso i sold a bunch of records a few weeks back and already the headaches and nightmares have started.i had a mint unplayed copy of a boom bip LP lying in the piles for YEARS.. im talking NEVER PLAYED... i looked at it.. it had some sleeve scuffs including some lines on the top, but certainly no scratches.. played it on the decks.. nothing no pops no skips no nuthing... loads of surface noise.. but its fucking ANTICON.. the record sounds like SHIT.. so i list it as like new... dude is now complaining that the record has surface noise... its all sampled off old records!!! how do you not have surface noise... how do you deal with dudes who buy crap records and then complain when they sound crappy???

Comments

• i send them their money back...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Did you try an e-mail with only this in it?

Seriously.. It could solve most of the worlds problems!

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    WORD!!!

that was hype

dude only wants half his dough back so im cool with that.. i shall refund him a bit.. but this strikes me as a major SCAM potential

"i bought that copy of some Madlib record off you and i have to complain ...there's all sorts of distortion, pops, clicks, hiss and the bass sounds like crap... i want my money back!"

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Don't fuck with partial refunds. Ask him to send the record back and offer all his money back once you've recieved the lp back. Half the time they get

on you

I would tell him to return the item at his own cost and you'll refund his money in full. I'm betting he will just keep it.

Fuck giving him some of the money back and getting the record still.

Step up your game.

Cause... If the record plays fine and there are no scratches I wouldn't give money back. If anyone walked into my store and tried to get half their money back, I'd say no way in hell.

• dude relax. god is love. go with it. turd record buyers dwell in caves. the scent of enlightenment is all around but they have no sense of smell. hari krishna hari hari batchole. go with the flow.

i can't be arsed.. dude bought 3 records total from me so he's cool with the rest...

i dont need no hassles

Im with AP on this one... i treat the customer as i would hope the customer would do unto me

• the thing to do is not to blow your ass out on this. you could choke on a turd and that could be fatal. here's the deal... give the dude his $3 and tell him to put on a copy of windsong private issue and dance around the room naked with toothpaste rubbed all over his nude body.

shanti om bitches.

Im with AP on this one... i treat the customer as i would hope the customer would do unto me

I totally understand what your saying. It's just, if dude is so unhappy about the pressing, one would think you would want a full refund. Not to renegotiate the price of something. Thats what I would want if I was on the other side of things.

But I get ur point. It's some times its not worth the hassle.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I have an impending negative with this French a-hole. He was not happy with my grading so I told him my policy , "send the record back and I refund your money."

He said "No, Give me all my money back plus $12 for air mail shipping and THEN I send the record back... or you can send me the cost of the record and I keep it."

I was told that this is extortion.

I tell you, the older and more disgruntled I get, the less time I have to come with a Coke and a Smile.

I have an impending negative with this French a-hole. He was not happy with my grading so I told him my policy , "send the record back and I refund your money."

He said "No, Give me all my money back plus $12 for air mail shipping and THEN I send the record back... or you can send me the cost of the record and I keep it."

I tell you, the older and more disgruntled I get, the less time I have to come with a Coke and a Smile.

Thats more than extortion.

• discount that shit and then block the foll. when i block em they come back begging to bid again. but its too late baby its too late. we really did try to make it but turd buyer had to be a butt smudge. that means they get shat on. no more records for u. i would die 4 u to sell you records but when you fuck with me your fucking with death row batch. being blocked from my auction is a rough fate to swallow but deal with it batch. and if you rude on email and use profanity you get blocked too you batch ass buttlord. i have weeded out hella folls and my garden of collertoros is looking kinda tight these days.

• I have an impending negative with this French a-hole. He was not happy with my grading so I told him my policy , "send the record back and I refund your money."

Thats more than extortion.

dude you know how many times i hear this a month? like seriosuly dogg. records that are sealed. records that are mint. records that have self described dog doo doo on them. one batch was rude to my employe on the email and shit. foll ass dogg got the bitch face and had to begg to be unblocked and shit. i hate seeing a grown man cry but thats life. i am always polite on the email and shizit.

• one man dogg batch