Numero Records

NewLifeTrioNewLifeTrio 271 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
A friend told me about label yesterday... looks interesting. Anybody checked out any of their releases?This comp looks a little AP related...http://www.numerogroup.com/catalog_detail.php?uid=00255

Comments

• best packaging in the game right now!

• A friend told me about label yesterday... looks interesting. Anybody checked out any of their releases?

This comp looks a little AP related...
    http://www.numerogroup.com/catalog_detail.php?uid=00255

from what the one sheets say... D Carfagna is involved and the outcome is pretty good.

Belize City Boil up is quite good.

-rich

• Total quality control. I liked the Antena, Capsoul and Belize ones a lot.

Numero is one of my favorite labels. And I generally don't like labels that only reissue things.

Another fine example of what escaping San Jose can do for you.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    The Capsoul and Bandit comps are essential, the new Florida one is killer too. Great taste and killer liner notes makes Numero one of my fave labels. Strutter Rob Sevier is thee man. Nuff said...

• Another fine example of what escaping San Jose can do for you.

if this is who i think it is... kscu needs you back asap!

• I've got the Capsoul CD and absolutely love it, I should pick up the others.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Total quality control. I liked the Antena, Capsoul and Belize ones a lot.

Numero is one of my favorite labels. And I generally don't like labels that only reissue things.

Really nice... I would buy a lot more reissues if everybody in the game held themselves to Numero's standards.

• They're one of the labels that actually clears rights first, too.

• Total quality control. Numero is one of my favorite labels. And I generally don't like labels that only reissue things.

I generally do, since not all the good shit is gonna be a dollarbin-common item. But yeah, Numero is a class outfit that deserves all the props they get.

• TNGTNG 234 Posts
    Bearded one-

We'll have a copy of the folk record on its way to you shortly. They're in and looking sharp. Strutters... D is a sniffer of serious femme heat and hooked us up big time. Don't sleep on his site or auctions.

Hsulu-

In your mailbox nowish. Looks like we've got competition back home. Could this be why the bins at Streetlight are always to bare?

The rest-

Thanks for the love.

Back to the lurk.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I start a thread about the Deep City comp, and it gets the KKKybosh. What gives? Can't a dude live?

R & K: Thanks for putting the E. Warshaw on it. Saving "Winter's Going" for the next edition? Or is RCA testy with it?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

still gets regular play in my car.

• Does anyone know who takes care of distribution in the UK?

• TNGTNG 234 Posts

R & K: Thanks for putting the E. Warshaw on it. Saving "Winter's Going" for the next edition? Or is RCA testy with it?

We went all private save the Ellen Warshaw track. Big ups to Luck for turning us onto it. There's certainly enough material to do a major label collection, probably enough to do one for each of the big four. Licensing is a fucking nightmare however and it's nearly impossible to get these people to return your phone calls. Sadly Bonnie, Ruth Ann, Cheryl and Ellen Mc are not present.