Fucking UK dealers & their fucking flimsy mailers!

2»

Comments

• I have record coming to me from Turkey...how are they for packaging? keeping my fingers crossed...

• Options
    Not a nationality issue at all - in the US we have something known as FLATTEND PRIORITY MAILERS!!!

ARGHHHH!!!!

haha those are terrible. BUT at least in the US you CAN get nice LP mailers from Bags Unlimited. I don't think I've EVER gotten anything from the UK that wasn't in one of those shitty envelope things. I mean sure there are morons everywhere, but at least here you have the option of doing things right.

Ok - I'm convinced - where do I go to become an 'American' - the place where everything is nice and easy and priced in dollars and where all of the records always arrive promptly in pretty, perfect mailers...?

Please let me in...

PLEASE!

Rez

Not here

K.

• djrdjr 511 Posts
    Not a nationality issue at all - in the US we have something known as FLATTEND PRIORITY MAILERS!!!

ARGHHHH!!!!

haha those are terrible. BUT at least in the US you CAN get nice LP mailers from Bags Unlimited. I don't think I've EVER gotten anything from the UK that wasn't in one of those shitty envelope things. I mean sure there are morons everywhere, but at least here you have the option of doing things right.

Ok - I'm convinced - where do I go to become an 'American' - the place where everything is nice and easy and priced in dollars and where all of the records always arrive promptly in pretty, perfect mailers...?

Please let me in...

PLEASE!

Rez

Never fear - many American record sellers have issues with grading........

• whato dudes. Not fighting the corner for gold ole Team UK or anything, but I've only ever had bad mailer experiences off US sellers. Couple of ebay deals have come through in a jiffy bag with no cardboard stiffeners. Dog eared corners ahoy. I'm not about to lay blame on any one nation for their odd habits, but just thought the point needs to be made that dodgy packing can come from any corner of the globe.

Also, cosigning Belson's comments - if you're paying 200 bucks for a platter, email them and say you want it packed in a suit of fucking armour from the Tower of fakkin London mate.

Gotta agree on this, my only problem with mailers have been this one guy from the US who sent a 7" single just in newspaper and when i told him it was broken when it arrived he said he could send another one and even though i told him he couldn't package in newspaper, guess what, moron did it again and yes it was broken the second time aswell..

..not a UK thing i would say, more like an idiot thing..

Now italians and grading, that's a whooooole other thing (partly joke)

/L

I agree with this bloke its not a UK thing, it just depends on who you deal with. I've had $150 records sent from the US in nothing but a damn jiffy bag with some cardboard inside. Overall the Germans and the French are best for sending stuff.