Rapid Share Downloads

llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Might be being dense here but how do I use the rapid Share website?I'm trying to downoad some music from this site:http://chocoreve.blogspot.com/It directs me to the Rapid Share website but I'm not sure how to download to m pc bia the free option, can anyone help???

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    click on "free" on the first page.

on the second page, scroll down and there will be a timer counting down.

when it reaches zero, it will have you type in one of those
    "what do you see here" boxes, once you do that, it will start the DL>

If you wander away while it is counting down, and miss when it hits zero,
    and wait too long (you don't have much time) it will reset and you'll have to start over.

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Thanks for that but I don't get the timer counting down or the type in the word page.

It goes straight to this page http://rapidshare.de/

Any ideas?? Thanks

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I'm having problems with Rapidshare too. I'm trying to download Delays mix but it just says "get premium account or wait 28 (or something) minutes". There's no timer ticking or anything. It's worked for me before, but now it's just not happening.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Thanks for that but I don't get the timer counting down or the type in the word page.

It goes straight to this page http://rapidshare.de/

Any ideas?? Thanks

After selecting "Free", in the next page you'll see this:

After waiting the required time, it will appear this:

Yeah, I know; my photoshop skills suck!

Peace

• So basically the upshot is Rapidshare really really sucks.

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    That page doesn't appear for me??? weird!

• FSNSFSNS 163 Posts

That page doesn't appear for me??? weird!

Weird!

When I go to that link you post, I select Part 1 of the Buzzz Buzzz (for instance) and then it opens the rapidshare page. It'll appear the page for you to select the Premium or free option. After selecting the Free one, it opens the page with the Timer, and after the timer it comes the one with those letters to fill in.
    Try it, again.

Peace

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Even weirder it now seems to be working? Spooky.

Thaks for the help

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I'm having problems with Rapidshare too. I'm trying to download Delays mix but it just says "get premium account or wait 28 (or something) minutes". There's no timer ticking or anything. It's worked for me before, but now it's just not happening.

If you don't pay for premium service it limits you to certain amount of data every 90 minutes... one album is enough to tap out your allowance...

Even weirder it now seems to be working? Spooky.

Thaks for the help

Dude!

Peace

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    So basically the upshot is Rapidshare really really sucks.

Yes, and I don't use it myself - except the one advantage is that
    there are no limits or deadlines, as long as it keeps being downloaded,
    the link will stay up - which is good for high-traffic downloads...

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Next question is how to play things once downloaded??

It saves to my computer as a RAR file??? I've never come across one of thee before?

Windows says that it won't play it as it needs to know what program created it.

Any ideas?

• remember to clear your browser cookies if you're getting the
    fuck-you-we-dont-want-your-ip-anymore-today msg

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Rar is a compression format. You need something like WinRar to open it first.

Winrar says you need to pay for it after a while... But you don't. Just keep using it.

Next question is how to play things once downloaded??

It saves to my computer as a RAR file??? I've never come across one of thee before?

Any ideas?

Well, if you've got a recent version of Windows it should give you the option, upon right-clicking the filename, to 'Extract RAR files'... my one qualm is that I can't figure out to look inside the RAR or extract individual files using this method

I think most if not all unzipping utilities do RAR now as well

• Next question is how to play things once downloaded??

Any ideas?

Download Winrar

It's a really good (and free) archiver.

remember to clear your browser cookies if you're getting the
    fuck-you-we-dont-want-your-ip-anymore-today msg

Woah, woah... you mean I can download one file immediately after another if I wipe out my cookies between?

So basically the upshot is Rapidshare really really sucks.

Yes, and I don't use it myself - except the one advantage is that
    there are no limits or deadlines, as long as it keeps being downloaded,
    the link will stay up - which is good for high-traffic downloads...

Yeah, it kills yousendit for the simple reason that most YSE links don't even last the damn week they're supposed to cuz you only get 25 transfers out of it...

I guess I should use megaupload or filefront or whatever though instead... not that they're easier to interface than rapidshare (they're not) but because you can download more frequently...

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Right I've downloaded Winrar but I can't get ot to work??

I double click on the winrar icon which opens up a page which asks me to select a file.

I double click on that and it brings up the file.

I then double click on the file itself and it brings up the 14 individual tracks.

Now what do I do ????????

It sounds like you're just peering inside the RAR file

You're gonna have to select Extract or Unzip, I don't know what its called on there

I don't even have a separate program to do this, like I said I just right click on the file name in My Computer and choose 'Extract RAR files', it doesn't get any easier than that

Right I've downloaded Winrar but I can't get ot to work??

I double click on the winrar icon which opens up a page which asks me to select a file.

I double click on that and it brings up the file.

I then double click on the file itself and it brings up the 14 individual tracks.

Now what do I do ????????

After you double click on the winrar file you want to open, you must click on the "Extract" option on the toolbar and select the folder where you want the files to be decompressed.

Peace

• Digdug, I think so, go and try it out man

• .rar is a compressed file format equivalent to .zip. You need to get the appropriate program to extract the file(s). I use Winrar, you can get it off www.torrentspy.com I get all my shit off there... If you ain't familiar with torrents and torrent clients, well that's a whole new bag o tricks I ain't about to explain...

If you can't figure it out post again...

• seems like you need a fresh ip aswell...