What are you listenin to tonight?

parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Almost done with Rhythm Makers "soul on your side".Up next, The Moments "those sexy moments".Why can't I find Moments "my thing" in the field? I need.Whatchoo groovin to SS??

Comments

• novasolnovasol 204 Posts
    Ray Goodman Brown "Another Day"
    Sylvia Striplin "you can't..."

coming up
    Flowers "For Real" then willie henderson will blow his horn and make me cringe

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Mannie Fresh joint "Hello" off the last Big Tymers LP. Production is dope and the song is MAD funny as well. On repeat, my pick for tonight. Ya'll folls need to listen to this one. Mannie Fresh is that dude....

• novasolnovasol 204 Posts
    i'm feelin his Dukes of Hazard ride

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    This Betty Wright song titled "Girls cant do what the guy's do"
    mp3

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    it rains records out here in alaska. i love our little network over here.

caprells - close your eyes/walk on by
    mugo - organize

and the new mat young 45. y'all need to seriously hit up rpm for this and buy one from him. this dude loves music, and holds a really high standard for his craft. beyond beyond. always a pleasure to hear new stuff.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    This Betty Wright song titled "Girls cant do what the guy's do"

= THE JAWN

Always a favorite for me to spin near closing time.

As for myself, I'm getting my late pass on by checking this Greyboy/Quantic/Sharon Jones "Got To Be A Love" 12" w/ remix by Strutter Paul Nice AND DAMN ITS HOT YALL.

Also listening to a stack of new(ish) hipter(ish) joints I got today that are pretty enjoyable so far:

Out Hud: LET US NEVER SPEAK OF IT AGAIN 2LP
    Mu: Paris Hilton 12"
    Whatever It Takes: s/t CD
    Common/Kanye/Last Poets: The Corner 12"
    The Faint: WET FROM BIRTH LP

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    Ray Goodman Brown "Another Day"

ray goodman and brown have some dope shit...and some really bad stuff too! i got two lps from them...one has this sample that goes "back...let's go back...back, back to the good old days" that is just begging to be used on a mix.

i've been listening to the band recording at the studio all day.

last thing listened to at home...Yusef Lateef "Hush N Thunder"...which is so dope and sounds like nothing else i can think of.

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts

Special Channing Williams download, sorry soulman your sold out on world of beats but if you repress it I'll cop one fo sho!

This was on heavy rotation on Mothers Day!

Today well none other than OC all his joints!!!! Shoot!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Why can't I find Moments "my thing" in the field? I need.

You realllly do need this record, it's spectacular. Songs that are so soulful and intricate that you can flip the record over time and time again without ever feeling like you're listening to the same shit. I can't emphasize that enough. If you'd like mp3s, let me know and I'd be glad to make them for you.

On another note, anybody have a "Sexy Moments," "Moment With The Moments," or "Live at The Miss America Pageant" available? Please, let me know.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    MP3 would be rad dude. I'll keep an eye out for those Moments lp's for ya.

Onto Jimmy McGriff "soul sugar". Kinda forgot how good this rekkid is. Too many records, not enough time. The story of my life...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Pete & Louie Beautiful People (Fania, ~1970)

• oldnewsouloldnewsoul 238 Posts
    Last 30 minutes

Esther Phillips- Home is where the Hatred is
    Gang Starr- Tons O' Gunz
    Beanie Sigel- The B-coming

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    haven't listened to blazing downtempo in a minute. tonight:

J-Walk- A night on the rocks
    dj Krush- Zen

• This Betty Wright song titled "Girls cant do what the guy's do"

= THE JAWN

That song usually makes my eyes well up, so f*cking beautiful.

I'm hearing Bobby Blands' "Shoes" right now, it's pretty amazing.
    Mid 60's R&B is really my ishtar right now, I'm modern souled out for the time being.

Where are all these Caprells 45's coming from? I gotta cop one and soon...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Forgot I bought this a few weeks ago:

Just found it in the stacks and am listening for the first time...

Up next I think I'm going to replay this:

Got it over the weekend, and was digging it more than I thought I might...best Cannonball joint I've picked up in a while.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    found this at the thrift this afternoon...hipster booty cal facemelt symphony type shit produced by Eno

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Listening to Spirit's "Family that plays together" LP first thing when I get home. "Jewish" gets oh so many repeats. The guitar dude studied with Hendrix. Who knew.

- J

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    well, it's already well into the next morning but last night I was diggin' on:

-Joe Quarterman live recording (self bootleg)

-Masekela - I am not afraid, full LP

-One of the local Band LPs I bought this past weekend....it actually has a section with the stage band who play one funk song. Pretty hard drums in the breakdown at the end, didn't think I'd hear this kinda thing outta Northern VA.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Up next, The Moments "those sexy moments".

Why can't I find Moments "my thing" in the field? I need.

Whatchoo groovin to SS??

"LaLaLa" from the Moments With You Lp is a good late-nighter as well. I like the echo fx on the snare drum that triples it up here and there in the mix.