So what's the next buying trend/hype keyword?

DirtyBeatGuyDirtyBeatGuy 297 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Funk has kind of levelled off, Modern Soul collectors don't seem as frenzied anymore, Disco is ehh, Psych is still going strong. Ofcourse there are exceptions to each, but what's next? Soft Rock?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Funk has kind of levelled off, Modern Soul collectors don't seem as frenzied anymore, Disco is ehh, Psych is still going strong. Ofcourse there are exceptions to each, but what's next? Soft Rock?

SmoothJazz

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    psych will forever be the leader

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    "loner guy under a tree crying with his guitar folk"

• psych will forever be the leader
    It will always be in demand, but alot those records people are shelling out big bucks for are/will be going down soon. Good Example

• psych will forever be the leader
    It will always be in demand, but alot those records people are shelling out big bucks for are/will be going down soon.
    Well, the third copy listed is a second pressing, so...

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    SYNTH seems to be gaining some traction.

Go, Gen-Xers, go!

• SALPSYCH!!!

ya heard it here first.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    BOOGIELOO aka BOUGIELOO

• Stevie B

• Stevie B

I sure hope so. I have an "ungoogleable" 12 of Dreaming of You.

Scariest cover evar?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Stevie Breston

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    christmas records

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Folk

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    turkish records / oriental records / chinese records
    turkish music is getting hyped already.

and private pressings out of Europe.

• turkish records / oriental records / chinese records
    turkish music is getting hyped already.

and private pressings out of Europe.

Good call. Ebay search terms: Turkish - Private - European - Unknown

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Tango, plaeseeeeeeeeeeee!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

You heard it here first, bitches.

• MINIMAL SYNTH seems to be gaining some traction.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

HYPHY

• Late 80's, early 90's Private-Press R&B.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

You heard it here first, bitches.

A little late, dude...

Check hip hop auctions sometime...and classic rock...and
    Mariah Carey CD promo-only singles...and...

CD's been hot for a minute. I used to have a good mental list
    (built from working in a used store) of CD's to flip, to the point
    where I could walk into a "CD Spins" store and usually pull 3 or 4 titles
    to make at least $20 profit from. CD's are tough, though, cause once shit
    gets reissued they become landfill. Can't hold 'em, gotta flip 'em
    while they're hot!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    psych will forever be the leader
    It will always be in demand, but alot those records people are shelling out big bucks for are/will be going down soon.

People pay $50-$60 for Homer & Jethro LP's?!?!?!?!

• I dont think that funk is on the way to fade out. It's just that the hardcore funk people are oppening themselfes to new sides because it is hard for them to be suprised by a newfound funk record, but at the same time there are more and more people who are intrested in funk.
    So the copies of funk records one collector buys are going down, but in the ever growing mass of collectors the numbers of soled funk records are going up.

But I know what you mean, a lot of the Turntablelab reviews have the tendency to say that funk is on the way down and everybody is into disco. I think there is some truth but there are other styles too which will be on the rise in the next few years.

All the funk people will have absolutly no problem to go into the 80s New School Rap section which boroughs heavily from funk. Their the prices are extremly on the rise, go ask Soulman.

Myself I'm planing to start a monthly party where you will hear only unknown New School Rap records ranging from 87-92.

The second big "trend" are the whole 80s stuff. People now are digging for New Wave, Freestyle and those "non-genre" records of the 80s. Stuff like ESG, A Certain Ratio or the early Human League stuff is great. It has some funky sides but at the same time it is ...... unconventional. Thats whats great, they are just doing what they want, it is the same like hard funk, they just did what they wanted, even if it meant not to be succesfull.
    Also slowly on the rise is the early 80s funk.

I hated the 80s when I lived in it, but know I can appreciate the records that I didnt knew of when I was a kid because they werent played on radio or TV back than.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• Myself I'm planing to start a monthly party where you will hear only unknown New School Rap records ranging from 87-92.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    secret squirrel japan rare

• You are the first member on my VIP list. Free entry for ever + one sausage per person you bring with you.

W??rstchen
    Hawkenpeter

• You are the first member on my VIP list. Free entry for ever + one sausage per person you bring with you.

W??rstchen
    Hawkenpeter

Nice!!! can we make it bratwurst?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    oh, I forgot about the "SEXY NUDE CHEESECAKE COVER". Fuck a music genere, it's all about the covers. Research = knowledge.