i finally won a beat battle last night!

meshmesh 925 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
any of you guys have beat battles in your area? we have been doing what we call "producer cup" for a few years now. bedroom producers come out with 5 of their bangingest beats and go head to head tournament styley. anyways, i finally won after trying for over a year. i got $50 and some super sweet scion gear. YAY!so you guys can just start calling me champ now i guess, thats cool.

Comments

• any of you guys have beat battles in your area? we have been doing what we call "producer cup" for a few years now. bedroom producers come out with 5 of their bangingest beats and go head to head tournament styley. anyways, i finally won after trying for over a year. i got $50 and some super sweet scion gear. YAY!

so you guys can just start calling me champ now i guess, thats cool.

Congrats J**, who did you go up against?

• meshmesh 925 Posts

thanks man.

i dont even know. there are so many dudes making beats these days, i only recognized 2 people in the battle last night, and i didnt go up against them.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    no doubt, thats pretty dope! Congratulations.
    Hey, let me know when the next one is. Im not ready to compete, but I would love to check one of those out.

• thanks man.

i dont even know. there are so many dudes making beats these days, i only recognized 2 people in the battle last night, and i didnt go up against them.

Word, I didn't even realize they were still doing these. Do you get to defend your title next month?

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    every 3rd thursday of the month at the raygun. 2 doors down from ipanema's.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

You really should've labeled your thread with one of these

• Congrats J**, who did you go up against?

DJ QUALLS!

nah... congrats though, man!

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    Do you get to defend your title next month?

unfortunately, they stopped doing that part of it. i gotta come correct again next month.

there is a little battle at plan 9 today for $75. im gonna bring the same cd i had last night to that shit, see whats up. i need some money mayne.

• Do you get to defend your title next month?

unfortunately, they stopped doing that part of it. i gotta come correct again next month.

there is a little battle at plan 9 today for $75. im gonna bring the same cd i had last night to that shit, see whats up. i need some money mayne.

good luck, don't spend all your prize money at plan 9.

• meshmesh 925 Posts

You really should've labeled your thread with one of these

damn. you're right. point noted. all further exlamations of victory shall be accompanied by said cup. thanks.

• meshmesh 925 Posts

DJ QUALLS!

man, there was actually a dude there last night who almost looked like that guy. hahaa!

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    congrats!

DJ QUALLS!

man, there was actually a dude there last night who almost looked like that guy. hahaa!
    c'mon now, my shirt was STRIPED!

bring some indy hip-hop to the swap for me tomorrow.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    POST UP THE WINNING BEAT, or obviously you will be considered SOFT.

• meshmesh 925 Posts

first one is the beat i started with in round 1. made it in about an hour before the battle, so its straight off the mpc, unmixed.

poison

second one is the beat i ended and won with, its real old, but peeps seemed to dig it.

gryphon

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

first one is the beat i started with in round 1. made it in about an hour before the battle, so its straight off the mpc, unmixed.

poison

second one is the beat i ended and won with, its real old, but peeps seemed to dig it.

gryphon

one of the files is mp4, the other has no extension, some cats wont have the knowledge to be able to play these. just letting you know.

i definately am feeling them. can i ask what kind of crowd it was?

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    yeah, i just noticed that. thanks. if you guys have problems, you can probably just add a .mp4 extension to the gryphon beat, that should make it work, i think.

the crowd was probably 90% dudes, a lot of other producers, racial breakdown was 70%black, 20%white, 8% asian, 2% other.

• My boy Vitamin has been doin one in Seattle every other month. He's been selling it out. Prize is 500. Its hilarious seeing how competitive its been getting. Random producer entourage's trying to fight on some hater shit. Lots of energy at these things though. Haven't seen anything like it in Seattle in a minute. There are two dudes I didn't know about who came with some slaps. You have to wonder what some of these fools are thinking trying to enter though. Some truly terrible shit being submitted for entry.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    My boy Vitamin
    Vitamin D offa the now extinct tribal?

• My boy Vitamin
    Vitamin D offa the now extinct tribal?

Yup. He's still doin his thing. Been working on his solo LP which is sounding For those interested in the old Tribal shit, Topspin is supposed to be putting out a cd of a bunch of the older shit. Essential litening for those who are in to early to mid 90's "jazzy" hip hop. It was some of my favorite shit at the time.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    any of you guys have beat battles in your area? we have been doing what we call "producer cup" for a few years now. bedroom producers come out with 5 of their bangingest beats and go head to head tournament styley. anyways, i finally won after trying for over a year. i got $50 and some super sweet scion gear. YAY!

that's cool man. i'm sorry i missed that. we were out looking for places to DJ.

• any of you guys have beat battles in your area? we have been doing what we call "producer cup" for a few years now. bedroom producers come out with 5 of their bangingest beats and go head to head tournament styley. anyways, i finally won after trying for over a year. i got $50 and some super sweet scion gear. YAY!

that's cool man. i'm sorry i missed that. we were out looking for places to DJ.

How did that go?

not good.

all i got was a hangover out of it.

i also have the same feeling in my chest from when I used to smoke just from the 2nd hand.

pass the ban!

• pass the ban!

Cosign.

• richmond will be the last town to ban the cig

prolly.

but it made it through the senate.

• girgir 329 Posts

good luck, don't spend all your prize money at plan 9.

goina be hard not to considering the prize is a $75 credit at plan 9.

congrats on winning mesh. i went to the janurary one and it was pretty chill. the dudes that won played this amazingly ill dubish beat for their semifinal round. it was the highlight of the night, even better than the beat that one them the battle.

804 all up in the strut.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    hell yeah, won that shit today too. spent all my credit approximately 5 seconds later.

thats it, im out. i will never win another one, im sure of it.

and co sine on the ban the smoking in the bars. too bad im with the number guy up there in thinking richmond will be the last place to ban the cig.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    number guy