Mama Earthnug's Vegan Foodbin

2»

Comments

• I dig that Tom Smith and Dave Fritz. Can't get into that Woody Simmons bluegrass dud at all though. What are the two on both sides of the Woody Simmons?

Dude you slept. Woody Simmons "Grey Today" ballad slays shit. Fucks with anything on this page.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

I dig that Tom Smith and Dave Fritz. Can't get into that Woody Simmons bluegrass dud at all though. What are the two on both sides of the Woody Simmons?

dream dancer is a crap belly dance record.

• I dig that Tom Smith and Dave Fritz. Can't get into that Woody Simmons bluegrass dud at all though. What are the two on both sides of the Woody Simmons?

To the right is "Dream Dancer" by Light Rain. Very cinematic sounding Middle Eastern/Sufi/Gypsy type shit, very well played. Some try to market this as psych/folk but it's not. To the left is Hijrah "Truly Free", an early 80's mellow soul album put out by East Bay Black Muslims. Basically I was trying to capture the essence of what I put on when I need to mellow out.

• Hcrink, maybe you don't like the Dream Dancer because you were expecting something else?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Hcrink, maybe you don't like the Dream Dancer because you were expecting something else?

probably. I had 2 different dream dancer records and I was expecting something more groovy.

• damn, where can I find records like this in NY? Wish I dug where you dig M_Mole!

Crink you just found that Perhacs in the field?!?!

West coast is the best coast!

I need more private press wispy folk in my coast. Trade you for some of the bazillion hip hop records I find?

see that is this tradeoff - you'll find birkenstock-core records all day every day on the west coast, but you'll NEVER find tico/fania type latin, or brazilian shit here. Well, I guess at places like Ameoba or Groovemerchant, but that don't really count.

I'm living a bipolar life, sometimes I just want insence, bare feet, and barley wine, and other times its Mash Out Posse, wallabees, and St. Ides. The moods switch from one second to another, like I'll play some acoustic guitar in the park talking about the cosmos, and then dudes will clown, and I'm smashing guitars and sending bitch ass dudes back to their motherfucking essence.
    And let me tell you, it does not rain Tico and Fania titles out here, unless you want VG or worse copies, the catalouge duds, or you pay Groovemerchant prices.

• Oh yeah, I have to throw this in too even though I sold my copy off. Luckily I put it on CD.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    sending bitch ass dudes back to their motherfucking essence.
    i wish the locations could still display right...

• damn, where can I find records like this in NY?

Hmmm, I'm guessing if you scoured New Paltz, Woodstock, Rosendale and some other small towns upstate you could find some pretty cool stuff. I wasn't really checking for this kind of music when I lived there but there are shitloads of old hippies in the Hudson Valley.

• Hmmm, I'm guessing if you scoured New Paltz, Woodstock, Rosendale and some other small towns upstate you could find some pretty cool stuff. I wasn't really checking for this kind of music when I lived there but there are shitloads of old hippies in the Hudson Valley.

My aunt lives in Montgomery and when I've visited I've checked out passing yard sales and antique shops, but nothing has turned up so far. Same thing in New Paltz, but persistance pays so I still look.

Have you ever seen SLC Punk? You know that one part where dude is arguing with his dad about how he left the hippie dream and sold out, and his pop is all "I didn't sell out, I bought in" = old Hudson Valley hippies. Or maybe I'm just disconnected from the Rainbow family forest paths.
    currently playing, "Psychotic Reaction"

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

I dig that Tom Smith and Dave Fritz. Can't get into that Woody Simmons bluegrass dud at all though. What are the two on both sides of the Woody Simmons?

Dude you slept. Woody Simmons "Grey Today" ballad slays shit. Fucks with anything on this page.

Man, to each their own but that record is weak. What all else on this page have you actually heard though? A shop down the street has that Woody Simmons for 9.99, I just remember checking it out and thinking this should be in the dollar bin. What do I know though, I like Lilith- Boston Ride haha

Man, to each their own but that record is weak. What all else on this page have you actually heard though? A shop down the street has that Woody Simmons for 9.99, I just remember checking it out and thinking this should be in the dollar bin. What do I know though, I like Lilith- Boston Ride haha

I have heard some of the records on here... I'm saying you slept because you did not listen to the one (only) good track on there... go back and check out "Grey Today". It is great leaky pussy music ala Perhacs. I dunno about no $9.99 though... damn overpriced record stores

I'll have to check it out again I guess. But yeah, if I wanna pay ten bucks for a one tracker it's probably gonna be a soul 45.

• 10 bux is ridiculous. Just wait for one to pop up in a thrift or something. To me it's not on the level of say Linda Perhacs or Bridget St. John but I personally enjoy the album, and not just that one song JP mentioned, although that is the highlight.

Augustus Pablo chillin in the middle is

more pics of mellow folk burners plaese!