help please (NRR)

igotthatbeatigotthatbeat 263 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
alright this shit is ridiculous and down right embarassing but fuck what else is there to do, this is my last resort.in april of 05 i bought a top of the line hp computer it has everything (until that point i had and a computer for 7 years w/64k modem)it is feb of 06 and i do not know how to use this thing except for running ebay auctionsi am a person that has a tuff time with technology and have asked numerous people for help with this to no avail.PLEASE teach me1.how to burn a cd 2.how to take music from a cd and put it on the computer3.how to take music from a record and put it on the computeri'll pay you money, weed, records, whateveri'm in the hollywood areasincerly,frustrated as fuck

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    1) software. you need software. look at the software on your computer. there's a cd "burning" program. very easy to use. no need to explain anything. put an empty cdr in your drive and open the software. you can move folders or files around like in your explorer. drag & drop, then hit the "burn" or "next step" button.

2) you need a recording software. there's probably a cheap audio editing program on your computer preinstalled. take a look. or buy some software. or download some. "sound forge", "adobe audition" "cool edit", etc. recording from a cd is super easy. just put the music cd in your drive and play a song. then hit the record button in your audio editing software. done.

3) same as 2) just plug your hifi into your soundcard. hifi line-out to soundcard line-in. two different plugs. a chinch and a head phone jack. play a record, hit the record button. done.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    download software via freeware called bitcomet (google search). install bitcomet and use the search option to look for adobe audition or cool edit via torrentspy, torrentreactor or torrentsoandso. download a "torrent". double click on torrent after downloading.

go back to bitcomet --> transfer. file will download automatically or doubleclick on the file. needs some time. slow connections.

then install the software, but make sure to read the readme files in the downloaded folder first. cracked, illegal software.

downloaded folders will appear under: programms --> bit comet --> downloads --> software name: look for readme files, serial numbers and run the install file

free software. worlks with movies and cds too.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    thank you, Grope! too nice of you.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

SG

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

I guess this was via PM?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

I guess this was via PM?

no, why?

• if you're serious... we can arrange something. maybe on sunday. i'm in l.a. although i just moved to burbank. i can even hook you up with free [pirated] software for all of those needs as well... the copying records to your hard drive is probably the most complicated of all of those tasks... but only because there are so many different ways to do it. hell, i could even show how & where to get software and MP3s if you have a fast internet connection... lemme know wassup. oh, and i would take 420 as payment. it'd be my pleasure

• by the way... when i said "420 as payment" i didnt mean dollars... i meant TREES... or as ali g would say "da bionic, da bomb, da puff, da blow, da herb, da sensi, da chronic, da sweet mary jane, ganja, spliff, reefer, da bud, da buddha, da homegrown, da ill, da Maui-Maui, da method, pot, lethal, turbo, thai, shake, skunk, stress, wacky, weed, blaze, da boot, dime-bag, scooby-doo, bob, bogey, backyard boogie..."

catch my drift? {--L_--}

• we got it. you want a bj.

• if by that you meant BIG JOINT...

...maybe.

• thank you, Grope! too nice of you.

Grope, thank you indeed for your help.

I tried to comprehend your directions and i got lost on step 1 lol I am THE littlest of dudes when it comes to computers and have a very dificult time grasping technology (i didnt get a cellphone till a few months ago)

I am more looking for someone in person to guide me through baby steps but your adivce is definately appreciated.

• if you're serious... we can arrange something. maybe on sunday. i'm in l.a. although i just moved to burbank. i can even hook you up with free [pirated] software for all of those needs as well... the copying records to your hard drive is probably the most complicated of all of those tasks... but only because there are so many different ways to do it. hell, i could even show how & where to get software and MP3s if you have a fast internet connection... lemme know wassup. oh, and i would take 420 as payment. it'd be my pleasure

YESSSSSSS!

now this is what I'm talkin bout!

I am as real as it gets. ask guzzo and anthony pearson, they know me in person and will vouch for my seriousness.

ive got a hold of some purple indica straight out the canibus club that i can hook you up with...just tell me youre not a cop. also have records if need be. theres a record show this sunday so ill be busy during the morning...daytime is primetime.

i'll pm you my info.

thanks.

• sounds good... i work monday-friday... and its my brothers birthday this saturday... so i thought sunday would be good. since i just moved, i only have internet at work for now, so i'll message you my cellphone instead. i can assure you i'm not a cop (heck i'd be in trouble just for burning a CD with unpaid-for-programs)... and i can tell that you're for real just by your honesty here. just lemme know what kinda computer and operating system you're running... and i'll try and have a CD with software ready in time. if we end up hanging out til late, i may need a ride back since buses don't run late on sunday... yeah, i know... HOW CAN YOU LIVE IN L.A. WITHOUT A CAR!?... you'd be surprised... i live like 3 doors down from where i work. hehe.

about to send you my cellphone right now.