Idlewild / Outkast Movie Trailer (RR & NR)

canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
What're your thoughts on the Trailer?IDLEWILD TRAILERI'm thinking . I like the little animation effects, costumes, and it looks really clean. A bit skeptical about the music, but I'm listening to it on my laptop.And what about that Andre 3000?! PS - I'm really surprised this hasn't been talked about much anywhere. I tried searching in past threads to no avail.

Comments

• It was talked about here a month ago.

The trailer looks pretty cool. But modern style of beats with an early 20th century setting is pretty silly. Unless they have been tricky & use the flavour of that period in the soundtrack. Then that could be interesting. Looks pretty snazzy.

I can't get the damn other Big Boi trailer of his film ATL to work properly. It shuts down Safari everytime.
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/atl/

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    WOW.....

I'm suprised that anyone would not like this. Judging by the trailer alone, this looks like it could be great. Musically, the fusing of 30's jazz with their style of beats sounds PERFECT and not silly to me at all. I think they might just have merged two genres perfectly. Again....what a fantastic group.

• Ya read it wrong.
    I meant something like using Miami bass during a medieval swordfight type of thing.
    Incorporating the old style with the new would be better that just adding straight contemporary beats..
    Evoking the music of the era would be more appropriate..