Swedish J Dilla interview

MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I can't say anything about J's passing that hasn't already been said. But here's a Swedish interview that was aired for the second time yesterday to honour his memory. Mostly it's Jay Dee talking and his music being played, so you should definitely be able to listen to it even if you don't speak Swedish.The Page : http://www.sr.se/p3/soul/Clip 1 http://www.sr.se/p3/diverse/appdata/soul/sounds/soulA.ramClip 2http://www.sr.se/p3/diverse/appdata/soul/sounds/soulB.ram

Comments

• thanks for this

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Thanks for that.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Don't think so, unless you use some sort of ripping program. There's been so many good interviews on that show, wish there was an online archive or something.
    The host, Mats Nilesk??r, has done interviews with like every soul and hiphop legend there is. He's done a long interview with D'angelo for instance...

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    That guy is intense. He interviewed me when I was in Sweden and he knew all this stuff about me that most people wouldn't take the time to research. The interview was an hour and a half long and he recorded it on reel to reel tape (on a portable machine). I was talking to Disco D yesterday and apparently he just interviewed him as well.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Yeah, he does everything analog, he refuses to go digital and edits everything old school style. His research is definitely off the hook. During the Dilla show you hear short quotes by Berry Gordy (I think), a Kool & the gang member, Derrick May... When Jay Dee mentions Kool & the gang he splices in a short quote. I think he's missing like Prince, Dre and Sly, otherwise he's met almost all the legends.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    "you must then learn how to grooooooooove" I hate this interviewer.

- spidey

• any way to get mp3s of this?
    that would be great. i know one of you knows how to rip the files.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    "you must then learn how to grooooooooove" I hate this interviewer.

- spidey

I haven't heard this interview yet, but I've got nothing but respect for Mats Nilesk??r. The man is a legendary radio personality in Scandinavia. I've been listening to his show since the late eighties, and he has always been thorough and sincere in his coverage of soul, funk and hiphop. He might sound goofy if you don't understand the language, but he is the real deal, make no mistake.

• J??ttekul, tack s?? mycket

• They've removed the list of all the people he've interview from the site. It was impressing to say the least.

m_dejean. Can you tune in to swedish p3 from Denmark? How's the quality?

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    They've removed the list of all the people he've interview from the site. It was impressing to say the least.

m_dejean. Can you tune in to swedish p3 from Denmark? How's the quality?

Good in Copenhagen. I used to catch it on my portable radio, but the last few years I've listened to it on the internet.