N.E.R.D. : Lapdance 12" ?

JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I was holding a copy of this in my hands today, but left it behind because I didn't know was it the O.G. good version or the one with the rock guitars. How does one know the difference between the two versions?

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    AFAIK there is ONLY a single of the original, programmed-beats version

This was a minor hit long before either version of the album emerged

I have a picture sleeve promo thats the OG version... matter of fact I don't think there were any singles (in the US, anyway) off the second version of the album

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    AFAIK there is ONLY a single of the original, programmed-beats version

I have a picture sleeve promo thats the OG version... matter of fact I don't think there were any singles (in the US, anyway) off the second version of the album

second single?

i dont remember if my copy is import or not, but i think they released it in the US

Actually, I think "Provider" was the second single, which is also the original version (but that an import and they released the album in the OG form overseas)

Never seen the "Rock Star" single

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Actually, I think "Provider" was the second single, which is also the original version (but that an import and they released the album in the OG form overseas)

Never seen the "Rock Star" single

did they release the videos out of order? because i thought they released lapdance, rockstar, then provider (video-wise). i guess they might have rereleased the songs in a different order with the second recording of the album?

Naw, it looks like you're right, I was just never aware of the Rock Star single

• AFAIK there is ONLY a single of the original, programmed-beats version

This one wasn't in pic sleeve though, just a white label promo. Well, I guess I can risk it, just somehow hate the guitar version compared to the dopeness of the original.