something to listen to

sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
this is a set i played at a party (rave, really) not this new years eve, but last... the guy that threw the party recorded my set out of the mixer... i just saw the cds while i was looking for something else, and thought i would share... it's a little bit of everything, but mostly hip hop... enjoy part 1 part 2

Comments

• this is my third consecutive thread that nobody replied to... is that some kind of record?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Introduce yourself. All we know is you're from the Duralcha area and you like Theo in a pink shirt.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    this is a set i played at a party (rave[/b], really) not this new years eve, but last... the guy that threw party recorded my set out of the mixer... i just saw the cds while i was looking for something else, and thought i would share... it's a little bit of everything, but mostly hip hop the eggs, cause i was dj'ing a rave... enjoy

• haha, i guess the rave thing does kind of sound bad... it wasn't really like that, it was just a party at a club with a dnb headliner... there wasn't like big pants and glowsticks... these are people that went through all that in the 90's, and outgrew it... now they drink beer and wear normal clothes

Introduce yourself. All we know is you're from the Duralcha area and you like Theo in a pink shirt.

my name is jack, i live in raleigh, i hold down a few club nights a week as well as a day job, i have a wife and a kid, i went to the same high school as petey pablo, i recently quit drinking pepsi and wearing shirts without a collar, i'm a pisces, i have never missed an episode of the O.C., and my dad's name is sam... i don't know how to put this, but i'm kind of a big deal... people know me... i'm very important... i have many leather bound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany

if you're ever in raleigh, holler... we'll drink some beers or something

now feel free to listen to the mix

• We have filters that block any threads containing the word "rave".

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    You sound rific

• We have filters that block any threads containing the word "rave".

pLuR was feelin' it

nah, i just always call it "the rave" because i was never a raver, and it is funny to me... the dnb scene is pretty decent (i guess?) here, and several of the promoters are really good dudes... they got me to play at their new years party because i do something different than what they hear every week

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Why Theo Huxtable? And do u own any Gorden Gartrell?

• Why Theo Huxtable? And do u own any Gorden Gartrell?

i simply enjoy the cosby show, and didn't think a rudy avatar would project a masculine enough image... good call on gorden gartrell, i haven't seen that one in a while, but the stevie wonder episode was on nick at nite last night

• my name is jack, i live in raleigh, i hold down a few club nights a week as well as a day job, i have a wife and a kid, i went to the same high school as petey pablo, i recently quit drinking pepsi and wearing shirts without a collar, i'm a pisces, i have never missed an episode of the O.C., and my dad's name is sam... i don't know how to put this, but i'm kind of a big deal... people know me... i'm very important... i have many leather bound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany

Please reveal thyself so I don't say something bad about "a shitty local DJ" and inadvertently dis you.

• SOS, is offical in Raleigh. Get me some of that Mahogany Cologne, so I can be down.

Now that little Rudy is all grown and sexy now, you might want to change up your Huxtables.

• Please reveal thyself so I don't say something bad about "a shitty local DJ" and inadvertently dis you.

i mean, i didn't make the independant's "best triangle dj" nominations list or anything, but i don't think i'm shitty... although, i am forced to play my share of shitty music... i'm at hi 5 on tuesdays, 5 star on wednesdays, and maanjri lounge on fridays!

• Marco please feel free to just go ahead and refer to me by name when it comes to shitty local dj's. No need to candy coat...

As far as the best of the triangle, I think we need to hold a rally and a fund raising dinner, for your campaign. Do it up big time with a $2o a plate, Bojangles catered event. Let me know if you need a campaign consultant.

Vote Marco

• Get me some of that Mahogany Cologne, so I can be down

it's not cologne, player