You're not allowed to say 'Saddam' in an airport

ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I heard that some dude I went to high school with got arrested for saying 'Saddam' at LAX. I don't know him well but that is crazy. I'll see if theres a news story about this.

Comments

• It's all a part of our ongoing strategy to have massive overreactions to udderly insignificant
    events in order to make us seem not only focused on the wrong things,
    but completely and totally insane...

and don't even think about bringing a toenail clipper on a plane

I'm glad I don't have to pay taxes or I'd really be pissed

• and don't even think about bringing a toenail clipper on a plane

actually, last i heard, the FAA or Homeland Security (or whoever it is that has jurisdiction on making these kind of decisions) was going to stop banning items like nailclippers and scissors from the plane, since access to the cockpit by any possible terrorists is supposedly impossible now. of course such a decision cannot come without some controversy, so i'm not sure if its really gonna happen or not. either way, the second a screener realizes you have anything like that, they just toss it in the trash.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

actually, last i heard, the FAA or Homeland Security (or whoever it is that has jurisdiction on making these kind of decisions) was going to stop banning items like nailclippers and scissors from the plane, since access to the cockpit by any possible terrorists is supposedly impossible now. of course such a decision cannot come without some controversy, so i'm not sure if its really gonna happen or not. either way, the second a screener realizes you have anything like that, they just toss it in the trash.

But a cigarette lighter is cool... little containers of highly flammable gas.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

But a cigarette lighter is cool... little containers of highly flammable gas.

Nope, they don't let you carry those. Only a book of matches.

BUT... you can somehow carry a lighter in your carry on, which, essesntially is carrying it on you.

Go figure

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    I heard that some dude I went to high school with got arrested for saying 'Saddam' at LAX. I don't know him well but that is crazy. I'll see if theres a news story about this.

Wouldn't a ban of "Saddam" be tough cause it's a moderately common name for older dudes?

• I heard that some dude I went to high school with got arrested for saying 'Saddam' at LAX. I don't know him well but that is crazy. I'll see if theres a news story about this.

Wouldn't a ban of "Saddam" be tough cause it's a moderately common name for older dudes?

And a major news item as well. The orginal poster only THINKS this is what happen. I kind of have my doubts.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Older dudes who get stripped searched and questioned everytime they fly.