Who's heard of Happy Hardcroe ?

2»

Comments

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Silk purse from a pig's ear cannae be done, pal. Hip house was infinitely better than bad rave (at least there are a smattering of tracks that are still listenable) but that doesn't make it good either. Not even sure that hip house was a real genre at the time, just a short lived and not very memorable crossing point. I seem to remember that most of those tracks had the words 'hip house' in the lyrics somewhere just so you'd know what you were listening to. Which never bodes well.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    throw hip house on a dancefloor nowadays, people will go "OH SNAP" and actually dance. Same cannot be said for happy hardcore.

it's just good party music, great in moderate doses. Not so hot if you have to hear it an entire night, but that can be said for most specific genre parties.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I guess the dancfloor reaction is really what it's about. That's cool of people are dancing to those tracks - I kind of asumed that knowing irony was a big part of the current fad for the music but if it still works in the clubs, that pretty much says it all. I stand corrected.