HELP ME...My Turntable Is On Acid

ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
One of my 1200's is doing some crazy shit. Only when playing 45s...it starts to skip when it gets half way through the track..."Loop Skipping." Always in the center too. I'll put the same record on the other table and it plays just fine. I've tried beat 45s and mint ones...same result. I've changed the needles,ajusted the weights,fucked with the skating, and rescrewed the feet. Nothing changes. I don't understand how it could just start doing this out of nowhere.Has anyone ever had this problem? What could this be? If you could help...the Shing would appreciate it!

Comments

• kidinquisitivekidinquisitive 1,627 Posts
    I think something like this was happening to my 1200 a couple years ago. I think it turned out the tone arm had gotten loose. You can tighten it using those little jeweler's screwdrivers. If you lock the tonearm in place, does it feel looser than the other deck (the one that's working good)? If that's not it it's probably something else to do with the tonearm.

• ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts
    Thanks KID...I'll try it out when I get home. This makes much sense and now that I think of it the arm did seem a little lose compared to the other. This is some wierd stuff to happen and I knew I couldn't be the only one. MUCH PROPS!