Cruise Bullies Kanye West Into Impossible Mission

99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Tom Cruise persuaded rapper Kanye West to change his mind about creating a new theme for Mission: Impossible III by paying him a visit. The movie star was adamant West should be involved in the soundtrack and when the rap star announced he was too busy to play around with the classic theme, Cruise refused to take no for an answer. Cruise tells MTV News, "I'm a big fan of his work and we said, 'What's Kanye doing?' - 'He's busy, busy, busy.' So... I went by and he's got two songs that he wrote that are just unbelievable - he did a version of 'Mission: Impossible' and an original... It is 'Wow'. When you see an artist that you just respect and he's so talented. I was like, 'Man, I'd love to see what he's gonna do with this.' You've got to hear what he did with it. It's Kanye West and it's really extraordinary. I looked at him and said, 'Man, you killed it.'" Can we get a Tom Cruise graemlin saying "Man, you killed it." ??

Comments

• Can we get a Tom Cruise graemlin saying "It is 'Wow'" ??

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Lastnight he looked like a cross between Michael and Kool Moe Dee with the glasses and glove holding the grammy. And the outfit looks hella 70's Disco ginoish.

• Who is more embarrasing in public: Kanye West or Tom Cruise?

• Lastnight he looked like a cross between Michael and Kool Moe Dee with the glasses and glove holding the grammy. And the outfit looks hella 70's Disco ginoish.

The Modern

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    can some one tell me who this john legend fool is?

i dotn think ive ever heard a single song by this guy and he wins song of the year or some shit??

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Who is more embarrasing in public: Kanye West or Tom Cruise?

Super Scientological madness

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

i dotn think ive ever heard a single song by this guy and he wins song of the year or some shit??

Ordinary People iz a classic. But I cant speak on the album. I dont own it.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Can't argue with Xenu, fact of life. John Legend is definitely nasty songwriter and damn good on the keys (Lucifer, etc) album's not bad, lots of Kanye beats. But what's the deal with Will.I.Am writers credit on 'Ordinary People', anyone know extent of his input?

• Can't argue with Xenu, fact of life. John Legend is definitely nasty songwriter and damn good on the keys (Lucifer, etc) album's not bad, lots of Kanye beats. But what's the deal with Will.I.Am writers credit on 'Ordinary People', anyone know extent of his input?

He convinced him not to call it Everyday People.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

"...You could neva let me go, no..."

Sorry, now that song's in my head.

Can't argue with Xenu, fact of life. John Legend is definitely nasty songwriter and damn good on the keys (Lucifer, etc) album's not bad, lots of Kanye beats. But what's the deal with Will.I.Am writers credit on 'Ordinary People', anyone know extent of his input?

We wrote the song. period. I grew up with one of John Legend's managers and he told me that shit and I was like...

He told me all this other shit about Will.I.am that really shook the hell out of me. Dude's like a secretly evil musical genius.

• Can't argue with Xenu, fact of life. John Legend is definitely nasty songwriter and damn good on the keys (Lucifer, etc) album's not bad, lots of Kanye beats. But what's the deal with Will.I.Am writers credit on 'Ordinary People', anyone know extent of his input?

We wrote the song. period. I grew up with one of John Legend's managers and he told me that shit and I was like...

He told me all this other shit about Will.I.am that really shook the hell out of me. Dude's like a secretly evil musical genius.

That song he produced for Terry Dexter a few years ago was a serious