GLAD TO BE HOME (paying to post here related)

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Hi guys! Things were looking bleak at the STMB during the past 1.5 days....I'm glad to be back.Respect to RAJ, this place is sucking mad bandwith and RAJ MAHAL puts up with mad amounts of hosting BS to make all of this happen. I challenge all to make a donation to PAY TO POST HERE this year (or at least give the Google ads a lil click)!peace,M

Comments

• Yeah, I've been visiting the sponsor links. If money is an issue I will donate some for sure.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Not sure if money is the issue, but I'm sure every little bit counts. Hosting fees are $200 a month, according to RAJ.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    How about a small scale HEATRAWKDONATIONDRIVE?

It doesn't get any more, WIN-WIN than that.

• HEATRAWKDONATIONDRIVE![/b]

• Not sure if money is the issue, but I'm sure every little bit counts. Hosting fees are $200 a month, according to RAJ.

Wouldn't these fees be going up? It seems like he's hosting a lot more video here or did I just never see the files before?

• How about a small scale HEATRAWKDONATIONDRIVE?

It doesn't get any more, WIN-WIN than that.

• I'd much rather that there be some kind of fee, I mean it would totally cut down on the morons that post here for free and it'd be a lot more organized/reliable than an auction or donation drive.

• let the goons post here. secret society is in full effect for real headz anyway.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    let the goons post here. secret society is in full effect for real headz anyway.

I think I'm a goon.

but a goon that is down to donate. I'm in the mood to shop for a designer pet crates anyway, so some clickthroughs are definitely the move right now.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    how does one pay to post here?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Appreciate the concerns... you know I've always HATED asking for donations, but this has become such a tightly knit club that paying some dues wouldn't be such a bad idea... like Hells Angels and the Masons. Also an influx in dues paid will bring back cool features like "Real Headz."

I'm trying these Google Ads but frankly they are bringing in like $4/ a day. Classifeds and Banner ads help to... but in all honesty I'm scraping by here.... the only real incentive being the attention my eBay auctions get (and I'm bound for a sebatical with baby #2 on the way.)

Let me know what y'all think. I'm not twisting anybody's arm, but a $4/month subscription payment from a few hundred regulars could very well build a clubhouse in Manhattan.

• Appreciate the concerns... you know I've always HATED asking for donations, but this has become such a tightly knit club that paying some dues wouldn't be such a bad idea... like Hells Angels and the Masons. Also an influx in dues paid will bring back cool features like "Real Headz."

I'm trying these Google Ads but frankly they are bringing in like $4/ a day. Classifeds and Banner ads help to... but in all honesty I'm scraping by here.... the only real incentive being the attention my eBay auctions get (and I'm bound for a sebatical with baby #2 on the way.)

Let me know what y'all think. I'm not twisting anybody's arm, but a $4/month subscription payment from a few hundred regulars could very well build a clubhouse in Manhattan.

Before yesterday I would have said there is no way I would pay to check a web site, but damn my day sucked without soul strut.

• I'd do it in a second dude.

Appreciate the concerns... you know I've always HATED asking for donations, but this has become such a tightly knit club that paying some dues wouldn't be such a bad idea... like Hells Angels and the Masons. Also an influx in dues paid will bring back cool features like "Real Headz."

Before yesterday I would have said there is no way I would pay to check a web site, but damn my day sucked without soul strut.

Nobody is required to pay anything. I'm a believer in hooking people up as much as I can if they feel obliged to give back.

• Appreciate the concerns... you know I've always HATED asking for donations, but this has become such a tightly knit club that paying some dues wouldn't be such a bad idea... like Hells Angels and the Masons. Also an influx in dues paid will bring back cool features like "Real Headz."

Nobody is required to pay anything. I'm a believer in hooking people up as much as I can if they feel obliged to give back.

yeah but if you do a "voluntary donation" thing I think a lot of people will "forget" to send the money each month.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I'd do it in a second dude.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

yeah but if you do a "voluntary donation" thing I think a lot of people will "forget" to send the money each month.

If you set it up to be deducted from Paypal on a monthly basis I'd do it in a heartbeat.

PayPal has an option where you can subscribe. Set price automatically deducted from ones PayPal account each month.

I may not be able to contibute to the record knowledge, but I am more than glad to give back to the site that gives so much to me.

Let me know where the tip cup is and I will drop some cash in now, for sure.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I'd do it in a second dude.

absolutely

absolutely

And I just did.

[email]RAJ@Soulstrut.com[/email] for all paypal, right?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I got $5 on it...?!?

If more dues are in order, perhaps I can go to the next Soulstrut Chicago-related club night and a few of the old-schoolers can kick the shit out of me for a few minutes. Does that work?

Seriously, I would make a finacial donation toward this site. Take away the record knowledge, and this place still is far and above most of the other messages boards I spend (no, not waste) my time reading.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

If more dues are in order, perhaps I can go to the next Soulstrut Chicago-related club night and a few of the old-schoolers can kick the shit out of me for a few minutes. Does that work?

im down for this! (on the receiving tip ....AYO!?!?!?!)

• Thanks 'Fogg

50$ for the cause.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Looks like a donations drive/page is due to be up again. Holler if you need help RAJ.

Any more shirts, etc for the shop?

I agree that a subscription with extra benefits would be wonderful.

Let's do this, fam!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Any more shirts, etc for the shop?

No doubt!!! New shirts/style maybe.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I'd do a second dude.

I felt so empty while this place was gone.

• $4 a month seems reasonable. Maybe give the top knowledge droppers a pass so they'd continue to drop said knowledge.

Mike2600 is currently working on the new shirt due out in May sometime. Also got a mix CD that will be available too (parts of it available as a free download at www.waxingdeep.org ).

Within the next couple weeks I'm going to work on memberships. Folks who subscribe will get their money's worth x 1000.. please to believe this.

If folks want to give to the cause today, please use the donate button located here:

http://www.soulstrut.com/about/

This way I can keep tallies on donaters so I can hit you off with goodies once available... and as always -- THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT, Y'ALL RAWK!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Within the next couple weeks I'm going to work on memberships. Folks who subscribe will get their money's worth x 1000.. please to believe this.

I'd like to make a membership-level contribution ASAP.