New Mix CeeDee 'Soundclash' + release party

smallchangesmallchange 202 Posts
edited February 2006 in Announcements
Hey Strutters, Uncle $mall ??hange here with some laced candy and a free ride home if ya want it. I've got plenty of video games and toys at my house, your parents won't mind...c'mon kid. So get in the car (quickly, quickly), slam the door and read on...$??'s it goes up to 11 (espcial Soundclash edition)Anthony Johnson 'Gun Shot' Midnight Rock 7"Kid Koala 'Skanky Panky' Ninja TuneGeneral Echo 'Rapping Dub Style' Techniques 7"Tenor Saw 'Pumkin Belly' Jammy$ 7"The Specials 'Stereotypes (live)' 2-ToneDJ Scud 'No Love' Wasteland EPTyrone Taylor 'Coptic Time' Top Rankin' 7"Soundmurderer / SK-1 'Soundboy' Rewind 12"Tony Curtis and Jigsy King 'My Sound A Murder' Stone Love 7"Pinchers 'Bandelero' Jammy$ 12"Melaaz 'Non Non Non' Ultimate Dilemma 12"Yes, its unbelievable but true, I finally have a mix out with proper artwerk and distribution. Its a reggae tinged ting mon called 'Soundclash', is a musical concentration of all things Jamaican, or JA inspired. From vintage and modern dancehall to the heaviest dubs, Jamaican funk and disco covers, reggae samplin' hip hop 12 inches, classic ska sides and rare 2-Tone, vintage and modern ragga jungle, turntablist ska tracks and even dancehall singers doing opera. Musical murderation of the past, present and future. 66(!) tracks in all. Some real classics, and some real obscurities. Some real music. What a concept, eh?You can hear a snippet on my myspace page here. The CeeDee is being carried at turntablelab, other music, piccadilly in the UK, and finer shops everywheres. You can order and find mas info here. FreeNYC and Pure Fire are teaming up for the release party. It'll take place at Pure Fire's staple venue, Subtonic. Open bar provided by New Castle. Pounding New Castles sounds like a possible headache in the making, but its there for ya if you want it.Date: Wednesday, February 8thTime: 9:00pmLocation: Subtonic (107 Norfolk St)Cost: FreeOpen Bar: New Castle, 10-11Also, I'll be droppin' the usual madness TONIGHT, Tuesday, at Nublu with the esteemed Cocoa Cracker Brown and the currently red hot Kudu...catch them live before they blow up (but don't go POP!, ala Buhloone Mindstate).Tonight, Tuesday Feb 7th10ish-lateKudu (Live) with DJs Cocoa Cracker Brown and $mall ??hange@ Nublu, Ave. C btw. 4th and 5th, east side of the street, look for the blue light.$5 cover.