Need copy of: Johnny Heartsman - Silky Pete 45

TSGTSG 274 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I heard this jam on the radio here in Chicagoland when the guy from Alligator Records was guest-hosting. It caught my attention, let's just say that. I called in about it and wasn't able to get much infomation. Don't know the label info, came out around '74 I believe she said. The 45 version is completely different from the one on his LP from the 80's. Anyone??

Comments

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    ive never heard of this... im meeting his family next week to interview them. ill ask around about this record for you. i dont think they have any records but if they have extras ill PM you...

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    thank you. it's not often that a record really hits me like this one did.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i have a the double lp by Heartsman which was a live thing recorded in '76. it has a nice version of silky pete... maybe the same one?

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    didn't know that existed...could be the same. can you post the song? I guess I'd take an mp3 over nothing.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    didn't know that existed...could be the same. can you post the song? I guess I'd take an mp3 over nothing.

sorry, my MP3 ability is severely limited at this point. I've been working on that.

oh yeah! its gotta be that track off the LP. i guess my thoughts were primarily on 45s and outside of the Music City, Red Fire, Hush, and J 45s i couldnt think of any other 45s he released...

tsg - (like the label?) the LP is pretty difficult to get. ari caught one for stupid cheap when he was here in the bay last time. the whole LP is jazz mixed with soul. double vinyl with a gatefold jacket.

good luck!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    oh yeah! its gotta be that track off the LP. i guess my thoughts were primarily on 45s and outside of the Music City, Red Fire, Hush, and J 45s i couldnt think of any other 45s he released...

tsg - (like the label?) the LP is pretty difficult to get. ari caught one for stupid cheap when he was here in the bay last time. the whole LP is jazz mixed with soul. double vinyl with a gatefold jacket.

good luck!

justin-

i may have a few sweet soul type things for you if you're interested.

i have an interview at 11a, a buyer at 2p, and gotta pick up my lady from work at 6p. after that ill give you a ring...

i just put it in my phone to do so ill do it for sure...

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i have an interview at 11a, a buyer at 2p, and gotta pick up my lady from work at 6p. after that ill give you a ring...

i just put it in my phone to do so ill do it for sure...

cool... give me a ring anytime today. home from work sick

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    [tsg - (like the label?) the LP is pretty difficult to get. ari caught one for stupid cheap when he was here in the bay last time. the whole LP is jazz mixed with soul. double vinyl with a gatefold jacket.]

It's The Surgeon General actualmente. Good shot on the information. It's most likely the same, if it's slow and downright foolish.