help for computer illiterate

leolyxxxleolyxxx 446 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Hiya.Recorded a cd for a friend yesterday and would like to post it here (and have the tracks on my computer) so how do i do this? Can i convert the songs from the cd to mp3s in any easy way or do i need to download a lot plugins and cracked programs?? Only my work comp. so i can't download shit but i have winamp, media player and roxio for cd burning, maybe one of these programs can assist me in my journey to get my computer game up a notch Now i only have the artwork but it won't be as fun without the music Thanks in advance../L

Comments

• Forgot to say, i recorded the songs directly from vinyl to my cd deck.. so now computer involved up until now..

/L

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    i think you'll need a software or something to do this ? like SOund Forge (Adobe Audition)

unless your Windows Media Player is the most up-to-date with some premium services to rip from CD to MP3

but once you get your Sound Forge, all you do is to 'Extract' the CD either by individual tracks, OR as one whole mix, and render it into MP3 format.

Once you did that, you can go onto websites like yousendit.com or rapidshare.de or something and upload your mix onto their server, takes quit a while to do it though.

THEN when thats done, you can quote the uploaded link from them or from the email they sent to you, and post that link on here for people to enjoy.

I think thats probably it.

• i think you'll need a software or something to do this ? like SOund Forge (Adobe Audition)

unless your Windows Media Player is the most up-to-date with some premium services to rip from CD to MP3

but once you get your Sound Forge, all you do is to 'Extract' the CD either by individual tracks, OR as one whole mix, and render it into MP3 format.

Once you did that, you can go onto websites like yousendit.com or rapidshare.de or something and upload your mix onto their server, takes quit a while to do it though.

THEN when thats done, you can quote the uploaded link from them or from the email they sent to you, and post that link on here for people to enjoy.

I think thats probably it.

Hmmm... sounds simple enough, i'm registered with yousendit and i've learned to post pictures now (yoohoo!!!) so that should be something that i could do aswell..

...so how do i get this sound forge (or similar..) program?

Thanks a lot for the info btw

/Leo

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    welcome!

best to find a friend and see if he can rip you a dodgy copy of Sound Forge but I think buying their latest version is well worth the dollar its useful ! (though i don't have it)

the latest is called Adobe Audition or something..

• welcome!

best to find a friend and see if he can rip you a dodgy copy of Sound Forge but I think buying their latest version is well worth the dollar its useful ! (though i don't have it)

the latest is called Adobe Audition or something..

Thanks, will check for that and see if it's worth the money, othervise i think i burn this or a similar program at some friends house, or check if i can update the programs i have but i think that's not the best alternative..

Man sometimes i wish i'd gotten into computers instead of buying that Nintendo when i was 6

Thanks again for the help, it's appreciated

/L

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    i wish i could be better with computer too.

i can't even use Photoshop !

• i wish i could be better with computer too.

i can't even use Photoshop !

I used to be able to use photoshop but haven't for some years so i doubt that i would be so good at it at this point

/Leo

• If you don't need top-quality mp3s, there are quite good freeware-programms that could help you.
    Cdex
    has been the most downloaded last year, so it should be kinda good. Unfortunately i'm not familiar with it, so i can't give you more info 'bout it.

Audiograbber
    is a good programm, too. Have used it here and there

The easiest way is propably Real Player, but the quality and compression suck. But it's very user-friendly IMO. But be sure to set the save-folder first...

hope i could help?!?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i would love to write up a guide again but i don't have time and don't really feel like doing it right now. buuut, you should be able to google for EAC and LAME. Unzip both of them to a folder and run through the EAC wizard and you should be set.

• Thanks everybody, trying to work the express rip right now, seems fairly easy (i hope!!) so hope fully i can post something in a short while

/Leo