Toronto heads - who wants a gig to play records

slushslush 691 Posts
edited May 2005 in Announcements
aight heres the deal

the monday love movement (nana, fase, k-os, whoever) moved to Revival while alto basso is closed. Its going back to Alto Basso at the end of MAY, but Revival wants to keep something going.

I got an offer to do a weekly starting in june.... and as much fun as it would be, I don't know if i can handle that on my own. I got my boys coming in, but the bottom line: I want a rotating line up of cats with like minds. This is where yall could come in.

anyway this is what you want to know- The pay is at least $100 for each dj as far as I'm aware. They want funk and hip hop, and they seemed to light up when i rabbit eared the catch phrase "rare groove" --- so raers are allowed in the club for once

we'd be competing with love movement yes... but they got their crowd... and anybody whose been to love movement lately knows that its kinda getting fucked up.

id like to start something different. Its a monday so it doesnt have to be in your face shit. Im open to a lot of different style too... pretty much everyone I've met in the tdot has it together in their own special way.

so yeah. holler at me [email]aiaight@hotmail.com[/email]
or pm me, whatever

peas,
scott

note: out of towners- if you plan to make a trip to the tdot let me know! maybe we can arrange soemthing.

Comments

• i have long thought that we have the best dj's in the world. probably has to do w/ the music snobbish heads that turn up to dj events. so hard to please at times.

btw: it's going to be near impossible to fill the upstairs Revival space on a monday nite. the downstairs could work but upstairs...that would be...tough.
    sounds like a money thing.

what's your dj handle?

• slushslush 691 Posts
    hey my bad... its the downstairs Im working with not the upstairs

i definitely agree. revival is a big place. monday night on the main floor would be murderous

my handle is puppyhertz

i only started playing out very recently. I always preferred making beats and just chillin at home but lately I've shifted my focus over to playing records outside my damn house. Im enjoying it and wanna keep something going. im at labyrinth tonight, and revival may 25th. djing can be fun.