Emergency Font Help/Request!

anasarcasmanasarcasm 365 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Paging: asprin, mike, mylatency, spideyI figured I'd post here since both ako and I have been looking for this font for awhile now. I actually spent four hours hand chopping out the font from a book yesterday afternoon, but that was maddening.the font i'm looking for is from the elsner-flake foundry. it's called: Avant Garde Gothic Alternate. It's basically the avant font used for Avant Garde magazine. avant samples Please PM me dudes. I would be forever indebted.ps-i'm on a pc

Comments

• let me know when you find it..ive been looking for it for a while. You used to could buy it off a site, but I no longer see it on there. I really cant even remember which site..but it was one of the popular ones.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    when y'all find it, send it my way too.

i have the regular avante garde (thanks mike!) and usually chop those letters up with some pen tool and mathematics.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    don't know if this helps

http://www.typophile.com/node/15807

• you can pay for it here as a last resort, but a few of the obliques are not OG. Its a little edited but you can tweek it pretty easily i should think.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    you can pay for it here as a last resort, but a few of the obliques are not OG. Its a little edited but you can tweek it pretty easily i should think.

I think this is gonna be your best bet if you need it ASAP. I will holler though if I see it in the next few days.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Has anyone picked up this version yet? Please shout back here or in the PM realm. A bag of gold awaits.