I'm through selling hip-hop 12"s

ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
On ebay, they make no money, outside of the grails. Fuggit, no more. I'd rather sit on em and watch em gather dust.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Not tight. I'm right about to start selling off my collection.

• hip-hop records are a wrap dude! I occasionally get folks interested in hip-hop records. They do not move unless priced very competitively.

I am buying a collection that has a lot of funk & soul stuff that is decent but the hip-hop portion was kind of like, "well, these 30 records over here I can give you $10 or more for a piece... these 50 here I can give you $5 a piece... and these other 1,000 I can give you $1 each. if that."

Sad shit.

when we were 19, a certain strutter* and i used to launch robert fripp lp's out of the car, off the balcony, wherever, and call them "frippsbees", you know, like frisbees.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

Cash, I got you dog. You can have my entire storage in Houston. Including, but not limited to a low rider bicycle, a washer and dryer, and 5K records. REAL SCHITT!!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    hip-hop records are a wrap dude!

It's all about the rap CDs!

• Unless you are absolutely in dire straights as far as money or you really really need the space, I would say hold your hip-hop records right now. The interest in them is at an all time low and there is a huge glut in the market because kids my age (ie late 20s) are either moving into other areas of collecting, getting out alltogether, or selling their 12"s because of Serato.

I might add, if it is a DJ collection and records are dirty/marked/printed up, you will get even less. Shit gotta be mint, unless it's rare and (still) desirable marky hip-hop records hit the $5 bin real quick.

Cash, I got you dog. You can have my entire storage in Houston. Including, but not limited to a low rider bicycle, a washer and dryer, and 5K records. REAL SCHITT!!

If we are indeed talking real schitt, I am gonna to call you right now.

my muhfuggin DOG!!!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i buy rap collections all the time... i just bought 1000 pieces...

anyone not wanting their rap... HOLLER!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    How much is a clean "Superrappin'" by Grandmaster Flash on Enjoy worth?

No, I am not foolin'. I picked one up this weekend and I enjoy it a lot, plan on keeping, but it's something I have no idea the market value of.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

sayin, toss it in the warehouse until 2015..

• i buy rap collections all the time... i just bought 1000 pieces...

Goddamn you fuckin scavengers...

I'm trying to help these folls out, instead of selling their shit off for 50 cents or a buck a piece...

I'm trying to help these folls out, instead of selling their shit off for 50 cents or a buck a piece...

ummm.. yeah im trying to help out as well...

dont be salty johnboy...

• Unless you are absolutely in dire straights as far as money or you really really need the space, I would say hold your hip-hop records right now. The interest in them is at an all time low and there is a huge glut in the market because kids my age (ie late 20s) are either moving into other areas of collecting, getting out alltogether, or selling their 12"s because of Serato.

I might add, if it is a DJ collection and records are dirty/marked/printed up, you will get even less. Shit gotta be mint, unless it's rare and (still) desirable marky hip-hop records hit the $5 bin real quick.

Yeah I shoulda listened to you when I asked you about that 12". I'm not feelin selling records for peanuts. I really don't play this shit tho because I'm not DJ'ing. I just hate getting that sellers regret when you thought something would go for $50 or 75, then it sells for 20 and you don't even want to be bothered dropping it at the post office.

• i buy rap collections all the time... i just bought 1000 pieces...

dont be salty johnboy...

Yeah yeah, "help" my ass... with friends like these...

Btw just threw out my back lugging those boxes to the post office, so I'm finta call you to get tips on how to live... don't know if I can spoon like a used to...

dont be salty johnboy...

Yeah yeah, "help" my ass... with friends like these...

Btw just threw out my back lugging those boxes to the post office, so I'm finta call you to get tips on how to live... don't know if I can spoon like a used to...

ill send you some darvocet in the mail and itll straighten you and your wanger right up!

thanks for doing that... not throwing your back out... but droppin off the packages.

• Not tight. I'm right about to start selling off my collection.

yo! let me hollurr at that. i can BUY BUY BUY some of them off ya, plus i got some other heads that can do more of the same. let me know before you throw em on ebay.

anyone selling their fondle em 12's, please PM me. i'm missing a bunch... cheers.

anyone selling their fondle em 12's, please PM me. i'm missing a bunch... cheers.

Also, if you have any Da King & I or Hard 2 Obtain vinyl, get at balz...

• yeh we buy em too... you got quantity we'll take em...

start price battle with jinx now...

• anyone selling their fondle em 12's, please PM me. i'm missing a bunch... cheers.

How about World Renown?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

How about World Renown?

LOL, I came across all three over the wknd... there isn't any Da King & I wax worth over $5 is there? And the only World Renown anyone wants is "How Nice I Am"?

• anyone selling their fondle em 12's, please PM me. i'm missing a bunch... cheers.

How about World Renown?

LOL, I came across all three over the wknd... there isn't any Da King & I wax worth over $5 is there? And the only World Renown anyone wants is "How Nice I Am"?

Flip The Script with the Primo remix is worth a couple bucks... not literally... whereas World Renown is only worth a couple of bucks... literally.

How about World Renown?

How nice u r--the li'l homie will be thrilled.

i've already got those, mayhn.

anything jazzy and blunted is welcome. you can keep your snap records.

anything jazzy and blunted is welcome.

I'm starting to wonder whether or not you are real...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Have you heard ESP's Valoompadoom Pink? It's dope.

But is it blunted?

Will it make balz' cipher complete?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

How about World Renown?

you should be able to get a little cake for the lp too.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

But is it blunted?

Will it make balz' cipher complete?

balz' cipher...

yes: jazzy & blunted

no: posse & boot stomp