Coffee

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,632 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Man, I stopped drinking coffee three days ago. I realized yesterday that I hadn't had a coffee in two days and took that opportunity to quit cold turkey. My head feels clear but at the same time not. It's a weird feeling. Coffee is a drug for sure.

Comments

• ...a delicous, delicious drug.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I've quit a lot of bad habits - smoking, drugs, became a vegetarian... but man, I stopped drinking coffe for a week about 3 months ago and I seriously did not feel human anymore.

• hang in there. props if you can stick it out. there's no way in hell I could.

working on my 2nd espresso right about now and I've only been up for 3 hrs.

coffee is a helluva drug.

• gonna look like a goddamn fool up in the hospital dying from nothing

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I don't really consider 1 cup a day to be a problem.

My girl is a Coffee Taster for employment so she roasts all her own green. That's the bomb ass shit.

Only way to respectably drink coffee is by using a French Press. Fuck a Mister Coffee.

• Only way to respectably drink coffee is by using a French Press. Fuck a Mister Coffee.

plaese to forward memo to our hr department, all we got is this shit ass mr. coffee they probably found at salvo (thank yuo non-profit).

edit: this does not stop me from drinking at least two cups every morning.

man, whutt?! I expect Hatechecks to start dissing people randomly in record-related threads but coffee? go get your methodone, hommie, and stop hatting on your addicted brothers.

man, whutt?! I expect Hatechecks to start dissing people randomly in record-related threads but coffee? go get your methodone, hommie, and stop hatting on your addicted brothers.

You fool, first off that's a red foxx line, second it refers to someone who has NO addictions, consequently dying from NOTHING.

Shit man, at least know what the fuck you're talking about before you try stepping to me.

• oh yes and I just finished my second cup, muhfuckas.

• man, i'm like this with pepsi... i was drinking at least a 2 liter every day, but i quit almost 2 weeks ago, and i am fucking dying without it... i'm only drinking water during the day, and some kind of juice with dinner every night... i almost want to cry each time i drink some of the water

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    that's a red foxx line

indeed
    sounds like y'all been having too much coffee though

man, i'm like this with pepsi... i was drinking at least a 2 liter every day,

As a lifelong Coca-Cola man, I can't imagine this. Even a 20 oz coke a day is too much for me now. With Pepsi being the only soda at the cafeterias a few years back, I rotted my teeth like you wouldn't believe.

I almost always brush my teeth soon after drinking a soda.

You fool, first off that's a red foxx line, second it refers to someone who has NO addictions, consequently dying from NOTHING.

Shit man, at least know what the fuck you're talking about before you try stepping to me.

you right.

man look at us fighting like animals.

it's sad how coffee is destroying out community.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Good to hear you quit. More for me.

ahhhh sweet sweet coffee...

• edubedub 715 Posts
    man, i'm like this with pepsi... i was drinking at least a 2 liter every day, but i quit almost 2 weeks ago, and i am fucking dying without it... i'm only drinking water during the day, and some kind of juice with dinner every night... i almost want to cry each time i drink some of the water

jesus christ man - 2 Liters a day?!... all that phosphoric acid and whatnot must be eating away at your insides...

hang in there - you'll feel a lot better soon - and you'll live a lot longer

• I love coffee. Every day it was "Coffee for Hoffy", but then, out of nowhere about three years ago it started giving me migraines, immedietely after drinking. I can no longer drink caffinated tea, either. Soda is fine, much less caffine in it, but I haven't had a cup of coffee or tea in 3 years, after drinking a cup a day for about 4 years.

Now my morning hot drink is cocoa, and i go to sleep much earlier. It's nice to know that when I do feel awake, it is for completely natural reasons.

It's probably for the best, it is addictive and I don't think coffee wakes you up as much as it keeps you from falling asleep. But I often reminisce about my favorite coffee - the Viennese blend they serve at "Two Little Red Hens", a breakfast pastry spot on 2nd ave between 85th and 86th .

Good to hear you quit. More for me.

ahhhh sweet sweet coffee...

haha, I'm considering drinking a cup now

• By the way, has anyone ever had a decent cup of decaf?

what's that?

• yeah, shit had me bad, and i really don't know when it even happened... i just realized a little while back that i was drinking that much... i was never like "I NEED PEPESI", but i just always had one with me all day, and it adds up fast... i'm actually already a lot better this week than last week, hopefully i'm getting over the hump

when i told my wife i was going to quit, she said "good, i was about to have an intervention"... apparently, pepsi was like 20% of our grocery bill

Caffeine is so much a part of coffee when I drink it that when I have decaf it tastes the same but doesn't feel the same. I dump so much sugar and cream in my coffee it's insane.

what's that?

Figured as much...

[simpsons]You don't have a cure for cancer, do you?[/simpsons]

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I go to bed thinking about waking up for coffee.

Caffeine is so much a part of coffee when I drink it that when I have decaf it tastes the same but doesn't feel the same. I dump so much sugar and cream in my coffee it's insane.

Drinking decaf is like drinking alcohol free scotch...

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Apparently, one of the effects of coffee is amnesia: we have a coffee thread like 1 week ago

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    I go to bed thinking about waking up for coffee.

SAYIN. First I think about when I go to bed is scrills and work and so I can't sleep. Then I start thinkin about morning coffee, raisin bread toast, political analysis and everything's fine. Reprezentin the nocturnal.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    Apparently, one of the effects of coffee is amnesia: we have a coffee thread like 1 week ago

I was gonna say. There's one of these every month right?

• alcohol free scotch...

DONT YOU EVER EVER EVER IN YOUR LIFE SAY SUCH THINGS AGAIN[/b]

• Apparently, one of the effects of coffee is amnesia: we have a coffee thread like 1 week ago

I was gonna say. There's one of these every month right?

It's very integral to the digging.

• I just wanna pop in and co-sign heavily on the French Press.

Drip is for fools.

I'm about to grind up some peaberry coffee right now and enjoy a cup... mmmmm...