hell's belles OG check

6fran506fran50 266 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
i got a "hell's belles" copy in the mail box today, but my delight was short lived ...was supposed to be an OG, but i' m pretty sure it isnt.the cover is thin and glossy, the inside light gray and the run out numbers are st5919A/st5919B ...can anyone confirm my thought before i contact the swindler ?thanks in advance

Comments

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    yeah, probably a re, og covers aren't thin or glossy.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    yeah, probably a re, og covers aren't thin or glossy.

I don't know the numbers, but the OG is pretty unmistakable. Cover is standard 60s medium heavy brown cardboard. Also, a sniff test should help. You should smell a musty smell as opposed to a 'new vinyl' smell.

• covers aren't thin or glossy.

Also, a sniff test should help

yes ... it confirms

thanks

• I don't know the numbers, but the OG is pretty unmistakable. Cover is standard 60s medium heavy brown cardboard. Also, a sniff test should help. You should smell a musty smell as opposed to a 'new vinyl' smell.

• How is that album btw? Is it just another "tepid break terd"?

• Also, a sniff test should help. You should smell a musty smell as opposed to a 'new vinyl' smell.

anyone else get fooled by the sniff test because you REALLY want the record to be og??? Delusionalstrut.com. By the way, I am a fan of this record.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Also, a sniff test should help. You should smell a musty smell as opposed to a 'new vinyl' smell.

anyone else get fooled by the sniff test because you REALLY want the record to be og??? Delusionalstrut.com. By the way, I am a fan of this record.

Honestly, I never have any need to apply the sniff test... the feel of the sleeve and vinyl (along with the appearance of the label) tell me all I need to know...

• How is that album btw? Is it just another "tepid break terd"?

IMO: it's a pretty good Les Baxter record for what it is... a soundtrack... it has roughly the same song in different lengths and arrangements about 4 times, but also has a really heavy break in one of the versions that plays well besides just having the break.

There is also a white label promo 45 with the title song 'wheels' b/w 'chain fight'

just my 2 cents

How is that album btw? Is it just another "tepid break terd"?

I am admittedly NOT in it for the breaks, but if any break could spark your imagination, it's the drums on a couple tracks on this OST. The break on "Hot Wind"(I think that's the tune) is monstrous and a nice instro. A way better than average cycle OST. Some tepidness, otherwise it wouldn't be a soundtrack.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Yeah, as far as combination acid rock/funk instro heat, a handful of tracks
    on here pretty much rule over everything else. "Hogin' Machine"
    is the one with the best break, one that makes pretty much anybody rock the
    without reservation.

Yeah, as far as combination acid rock/funk instro heat, a handful of tracks
    on here pretty much rule over everything else. "Hogin' Machine"
    is the one with the best break, one that makes pretty much anybody rock the
    without reservation.

Does Hot Wind have a break too? Or am I confusing the 2 tracks?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Does Hot Wind have a break too? Or am I confusing the 2 tracks?

I think they both do...but I'm pretty sure "Hogin' Machine" has the C R A Z Y braek

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    i seem to remember theres a different logo on the reissues vs. ogs? one is light green and the other one black and white? not sure which one. i am very much interested in a copy of this if anyone wants to get rid of theirs.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    i seem to remember theres a different logo on the reissues vs. ogs? one is light green and the other one black and white? not sure which one. i am very much interested in a copy of this if anyone wants to get rid of theirs.

Labels:
    Reissue: Canary Yellow (Sidewalk)
    OG: Canary Yellow (Sidewalk)
    OG Promo: Black and White (Sidewallk)

Jacket:
    Reissue: Thin & White
    OG: Thick & Brown

And to save you all the trouble:

Reissue: Thin & White
    OG: Thick & Brown

• i got a "hell's belles" copy in the mail box today, but my delight was short lived ...
    was supposed to be an OG, but i' m pretty sure it isnt.
    the cover is thin and glossy, the inside light gray and the run out numbers are st5919A/st5919B ...
    can anyone confirm my thought before i contact the swindler ?
    thanks in advance

This can help you tell an OG from a reish. OG copies have on the very bottom of the back cover in small type the following:
    "manufactured by capitol records, inc... a subsidiary of capitol industries, inc"... followed by the address.

Reissues don't have that.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    This is one of the few records I have that I always know exactly where it is... I could walk into my back room blindfolded and be able to lay hands right on it... got it in one of those mylar closable sticky flap joints too.