Prince on SNL...

tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hospswwC74k&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fstereogum%2Ecom%2FI'm a big Prince fan, but I haven't like a record of his since Lovesexy. But this was a really good performance and a cool song- go figure?

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Prince is OG!

Fuhgetaboutit!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    dude killed it

• Saw his show last year and it was cool. Gave out his CD at the door. Nice, even with Candy Dulfer in the mix. Mfcker gets lovesexy up there and the ladies were going apeshits. Well worth the 8 bucks I paid.

how did you only pay $8 to see Prince???

wow

• they were trying to fill the rest of the stadium at the last minute. Prince doesn't play to a 3/4 Key Arena!

they were trying to fill the rest of the stadium at the last minute. Prince doesn't play to a 3/4 Key Arena!

Wow, hah. I still have yet to see him live, but now I'm looking forward to it.

• you should. he tears it up on bass and sick ass guitar solos.

you should. he tears it up on bass and sick ass guitar solos.

looking forward to these, no doubt
    I hope he is touring soon

too bad about the Seahawks though dood
    Seattle is quiet tonight?

• Depressed and not a peep in downtown. Shit was weak, but no more bitching. Just got back home to my lady and mp3gained all my rar3z on the hardrive.

mp3gained all my rar3z on the hardrive.

haha!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    they were trying to fill the rest of the stadium at the last minute. Prince doesn't play to a 3/4 Key Arena!

Wow, hah. I still have yet to see him live, but now I'm looking forward to it.

Back in my college days (Lovesexy era), Prince announced a surprise show, which was actually a dress rehearsal for his Euro tour that year. They announced it all over the local Minneapolis/St Paul radio and news on a Wednesday, that tickets would be on sale Friday for the show that Saturday! Tickets were $10 for the St Paul Civic Center show, plus a can of food for the local food shelf was required to get in. One of the best shows I have ever seen. My friends waited in line overnight at the Box Office from Thurs afternoon til Friday am. Good times.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I havent seen/read a "Real" Prince thread on SS since I've been here.

Favorite album?

DIzKUSS..

I havent seen/read a "Real" Prince thread on SS since I've been here.

Favorite album?

DIzKUSS..

easy.

Dirty Mind

One word...."Head"

Dirty Mind

I have to go w/....

FUNK-PSYCH..

"Pop Life" is the song on that one for me.

"Pop Life" is the song on that one for me.

Yeah that was the shit. This Lp/cd is my personal fav. But If somebody needed to be introduced to Prince I would give them.....

• People sleep on

moder

People sleep on

moder

I dont. He played all that shit himself at age 17/18/19.

Got Mint?

if folks haven't peeped this, it's worth their time:

http://www.youtube.com/w/Prince%2C-Black-Sweat?v=yHaAdamXQX0&search=prince%20%20black%20sweat

Prince's video for new single "Black Sweat"

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    damn that new prince is pretty hot yo.

• if folks haven't peeped this, it's worth their time:

http://www.youtube.com/w/Prince%2C-Black-Sweat?v=yHaAdamXQX0&search=prince%20%20black%20sweat

Prince's video for new single "Black Sweat"

I thought it was better when someone called it "Back Sweat"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I thought it was better when someone called it "Back Sweat"

Much better title

• I thought it was better when someone called it "Back Sweat"

Much better title

Yeah, black sweat does not sound like a very good look at all.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Did anyone see Prince kill "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" at the R&R Hall of Fame several years ago? Total facemelt.

• I was gonna post about this, but I NEVER knew that prince had Fingers like that. Damn. I knew he could play all instruments, but what he did with the guitar was almost mindblowing. Hendrix like runs, but smoother, with five effects pedals. Not to mention his playing was choreographed. It looked aboslutely effortless. When he walked off stage with the delay booming, I lost it.

prince shreds like few others... though the floyd rose has go to go.. it aint 1989 no more.

• rpmrpm 144 Posts
    ... to me this sounds like a great Jimi Hendrix cover but to my knowledge it ain't one.
    i'm sayin'!!!

DAmn

I was gonna post about this, but I NEVER knew that prince had Fingers like that. Damn. I knew he could play all instruments, but what he did with the guitar was almost mindblowing. Hendrix like runs, but smoother, with five effects pedals. Not to mention his playing was choreographed. It looked aboslutely effortless. When he walked off stage with the delay booming, I lost it.

I highly recommend finding a copy of "Sign of the Times" concert film at a local video store and have your face melted for 90 minutes straight. Prince is untouchable for live performance art. Even the stuff in that film that is overdubbed is so seamless and exciting you will be glued to the screen.

... to me this sounds like a great Jimi Hendrix cover but to my knowledge it ain't one.
    i'm sayin'!!!

DAmn

that's because a good portion of this track is All Along The Watchtower...

• Favorite album?