Annual Trip to NC (photos inside) REDEUX

phono13phono13 842 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
My wife and I make an extended weekend trip out to NC every year to eat good food, drink some beer, and catch a basketball game or two. This year I bought a digi camera, and snapped some pics (some of these are a little dark...I realized that my LCD screen was too bright):I flew in to RDU at midnight and we headed over to Federal in Durham to catch a fellow strutter spin.Nice to meet Marco after missing him the past few years. Great tunes and down-right friendly too. He even sold me some 45's in the bar!and it was. Midnite Cowbwoy (sp?) gave me this.foot shottoo dark, but relaxing.Did a little diggin'Ate some food, drank some wineWhile I was reading the paper, I stumbled across this.and this. Sadly, we had plans, so it was a no-go.Game One: UNC stomps ArizonaGame Two: Duke smashes VirginaFor those who knowthe same two seats my Grandma has had for over 30 yearsthe final day we strolled through the Duke Chapel and Gardens (where we got married):the chapelinsidewhere we were marriedtesting my camoeasily my favorite picture As always, we had a great time. It never fails that we talk about moving back. Thanks for the 45s and the warm welcome Marco. See ya next time. I already miss sweet tea, fried okra, and country ham.

Comments

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Where are you guys living now?

• We had been living in Los Angeles for the past 4-5 years, and just relocated to Phoenix to buy a house (stretch out a bit).

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    You married DJ Marco? Congrats!

• Could you blame me?

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Could you blame me?

no. his haircut is quite handsome.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing.

• This place had ever out-of-print dap-tone record ever made. Also, a damn good musical DVD selection.

• This place had ever out-of-print dap-tone record ever made. Also, a damn good musical DVD selection.

Every year that I stop in there, I'm suprised at how much more stock they are able to squeeze in. You can see the DVD's in that pic (through the front window). Pretty much music from the floor to the ceiling. The owner and employees (at least the guy I know) are super friendly. They have a lot of reissue vinyl (a few used nuggets sneak in), and if you're looking for something on CD, there's a good chance they'll have it.

Thanks for the pics compliment. It's nice to have the convenience of the digi cam.

• bump, in case Marco hadn't seen these

Every year that I stop in there, I'm suprised at how much more stock they are able to squeeze in. You can see the DVD's in that pic (through the front window). Pretty much music from the floor to the ceiling. The owner and employees (at least the guy I know) are super friendly. They have a lot of reissue vinyl (a few used nuggets sneak in), and if you're looking for something on CD, there's a good chance they'll have it.

That store is great. Sean the owner is such a nice guy, as are the rest of the employees which you mentioned. They also price vintage LPs fairly cheaply. Mint McGriff GROOVE GREASE for $6? Yes plaese.

Thanks for bumping the thread, phono13 - I did indeed miss it. Great to meet ya! (even if I don't remember your real life name at the moment... oops)!

• no biggie... it's Tom