Shipping records to Europe...

LamarTinsonLamarTinson 507 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I need to mail a record to Italy. I've never shipped anything overseas before. It's an ebay item so I wanna avoid any international buyer/seller conflicts.usps.com isn't all that helpful.What shipping method is best? Thanks. Peace out.

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Take it to the PO and find out what it costs.
    Seriously, not busting on you - you do it once and then
    you know. That's what I did.

• Yeah I figured that much, but the PO isn't open right now. Or tomorrow. And I have time now to take care of these things.

So if anybody knows for sure about shipping records to Italy from the good ol' US of A it would be appreciated.

Basically how much should I charge buyer for shipping? We're looking "ballpark figure" here...

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    it is a pretty simple procedure.

get one of these

and one of these

write the return address and the TO address on box pictured above.

and dont forget one of these

fill it out bring it to the counter and ask for air mail.

have a great day

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    I need to mail a record to Italy. I've never shipped anything overseas before. It's an ebay item so I wanna avoid any international buyer/seller conflicts.

usps.com isn't all that helpful.

What shipping method is best? Thanks. Peace out.

be aware that there is no tracking number available for shipping to Italy, so it's VERY easy to get burned on fake paypal chargebacks when shipping to Italy. Basically, they can get the record and then claim they didn't get it, which you have no way to prove, and then paypal will take the money out of your account.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    My advice, especially if he paid by Paypal is to make sure you can either track the package or get "Delivery Confirmation". Make sure you pack it as if it was going to be used as a Frisbee at a Razor Blade factory....and make sure the folks at the PO put a few of those stickers with that Italian word "Fragile" on it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    for one record i will charge $12.00 for shipping and handling. nuff said. as far as cats burning yo i hope that doesnt happen. you are pretty much fukkkedd.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I need to mail a record to Italy. I've never shipped anything overseas before. It's an ebay item so I wanna avoid any international buyer/seller conflicts.

be aware that there is no tracking number available for shipping to Italy, so it's VERY easy to get burned on fake paypal chargebacks when shipping to Italy. Basically, they can get the record and then claim they didn't get it, which you have no way to prove, and then paypal will take the money out of your account.

Wow....didn't realize there was no way to track it to Italy...my mistake.

• fill it out bring it to the counter and ask for air mail.

But I will see this:

before I even see our lovely PO lady.

I was hoping for a solid answer NOW, but maybe that isn't possible. Again, I've never shipped overseas before.

Thanks anyway fellas.

• for one record i will charge $12.00 for shipping and handling. nuff said. as far as cats burning yo i hope that doesnt happen. you are pretty much fukkkedd.

Thanks! Thats all I need! Done and done!

• I need to mail a record to Italy. I've never shipped anything overseas before. It's an ebay item so I wanna avoid any international buyer/seller conflicts.

you can send it registered which is traceable. unfortunatly that costs 7.50. and you also have to get some of that brown tape that you have to wet to glue onto the package. and everything has to be written on the package, no labels or anything. i think most postal supplies places have that brown tape.

dave

• I need to mail a record to Italy. I've never shipped anything overseas before. It's an ebay item so I wanna avoid any international buyer/seller conflicts.

you can send it registered which is traceable. unfortunatly that costs 7.50. and you also have to get some of that brown tape that you have to wet to glue onto the package. and everything has to be written on the package, no labels or anything. i think most postal supplies places have that brown tape.

Dudes you only need proof of shipment for paypal disputes... forget the registered mess. Proof of ship is $.90. Get it stamped with the to & from address on it, with a sticker with the date & PO on it, done deal. Now required for all my overseas biz with paypal.

• I just won a 45 on ebay and the seller is asking $20 for shipping and $2.45 additional for insurance. From US to europe. Can this be true or is he overcharging?

• I just won a 45 on ebay and the seller is asking $20 for shipping and $2.45 additional for insurance. From US to europe. Can this be true or is he overcharging?

Whooaa!!! It's usually about $10-12 for one 12", usually for a 7" I pay around $6-7 for shipping.The insurance sounds on point though...