Who said CTI never put out any hot shit?

TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
edited May 2005 in Music Talk
Hadn't pulled this album out in awhile, so i decided to give it a spin. really dope album! why doesnt this ever get mentioned when people are rippin on CTI?

Comments

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    I must praise my copy for resisting any damage from sitting on the floor of my car for three months.

That album seems to be heating up.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    why was it on the floor of your car? it shoulda been on your turntable next to those Rufus and ECM records

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    I didn't realize it was there because of a thick layer of fast food cups and bags covering it up.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I'll take it. Five bucks.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I love this album too man...

one of my favorites from CTI

the playing on it is much more interesting than the usual CTI sessions

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I just got this one yesterday, and was definitely feelin' it. I mean, $3 "feelin' it" for sure, but I don't think I ever paid more than $4 for any CTI LP except for a desperate grab at Bob James 1&2 for $8 apiece...I tend to like CTI ish, so maybe I'm not the one to ask. This Lalo record is dollarbincommon dopeness, tho - fer real.

that Lalo sucks. get the Randy Weston dog

I have the Randy Weston, it's dope. The Lalo don't suck, IMO. Luckily in the USA you are free to hate what I like, and I thankfully don't need TheMack seal of approval to like a record. Like I said, tho, if I had paid more than $3 for it, I might not have been as happy, who can say...

that Lalo is straight doo doo man. would you pay more than 3 bucks for it? thenits not good. i'm not doubting your taste in music, cuz sometimes i do the same thing, like "yo this record is kinda good for 50 cents". then i relisten to it and its GARBAGE

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

I have the Randy Weston, it's dope. The Lalo don't suck, IMO. Luckily in the USA you are free to hate what I like, and I thankfully don't need TheMack seal of approval to like a record. Like I said, tho, if I had paid more than $3 for it, I might not have been as happy, who can say...

I like "Black Widow" by Lalo on CTI much better, but that Towering Toccatta ain't bad. It's no secret that I am a HUGE Randy Weston booster around here, and that "Blue Moses" is no exception. If you dig that, find "Tanjah" on Polydor, the only other Weston where you'll hear him on electric keys. I prefer his acoustic work, as it's what he does best, but it's nice to hear his versatility and applying his ideas to the 'CTI concept'.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    TheMack seal of approval

A scary thought indeed...

• I thought it was bollocks myself. Got mine for a quid or summit. Saw some fags doing stupid bids on it a month or 2 back

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

I thought it was bollocks myself. Got mine for a quid or summit. Saw some fags doing stupid bids on it a month or 2 back

Are you certain that they were fags? God, that's terrible. Fags are bad.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    Doesn't 'fag' mean 'cigarette' in the UK, mate? Personally, I dont care what potential Ebay bidders do in the bedroom, as long as I get their money, I'm straight (no pun intended)

Definitions of fag :

* act as a servant for older boys, in British public schools
    * labor: work hard; "She was digging away at her math homework"; "Lexicographers drudge all day long"
    * fagot: offensive terms for an openly homosexual man
    * tire: exhaust or tire through overuse or great strain or stress; "We wore ourselves out on this hike"
    * cigarette: finely ground tobacco wrapped in paper; for smoking

• I thought it was bollocks myself. Got mine for a quid or summit. Saw some fags doing stupid bids on it a month or 2 back

Seriously, take it elsewhere.

• KrautbreaksKrautbreaks 276 Posts
    Doesn't 'fag' mean 'cigarette' in the UK, mate? Personally, I dont care what potential Ebay bidders do in the bedroom, as long as I get their money, I'm straight (no pun intended)

That??s for sure the only reason an international record exchange does exist over eBay !!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I thought it was bollocks myself. Got mine for a quid or summit. Saw some fags doing stupid bids on it a month or 2 back

Seriously, take it elsewhere.

careful man you may start brushfires in this bitch by telling people not to say "fag"

Whatever y'all, I just said I liked the f*cking record.
    This place cracks me up.
    No matter how many qualifiers you put in a post:

I tend to like CTI ish, so maybe I'm not the one to ask.

headz still wanna show how refined their taste is by letting you know that record you like actually sucks, you just don't know it yet.

Maybe somebody will sample the drums off it someday, and then we can all like it!

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I like CTI, and I like reading threads about liking something, then read someone saying they like the same thing, then read the other guy tell them what they should and should'nt like, then watch it magically turn into a discussion about durogatory words for homosexuals.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I like CTI, and I like reading threads about liking something, then read someone saying they like the same thing, then read the other guy tell them what they should and should'nt like, then watch it magically turn into a discussion about durogatory words for homosexuals.

Aahahh!!!!!

Day, you're funny, man...

PS/ I like CTI too.

AKA every thread

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

"eBay madness" is radd when you are the seller.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    "RANDY WESTON BLUE MOSES SAMPLE DRUM PSYCH-JAZZ ISH!!! DON'T SLEEP WITH THE FISHES!!!

Yes, this is the Randy Weston copy mentioned on Soulstrut!!! Trampled by Sperry Top-Siders in Young Bobo's land-yacht!!! Stricty MARINA PATINA on this one, dogfish!!! Beats for days that'll make your head nod like big bobbers off of Cleopatra's royal sloop!!! Loops like deep-sea fly fishing!!! More sampling potential than a pilotfish!!!

NO LIFE PRESERVE ON THIS ONE!!!"

NO LIFE PRESERVE ON THIS ONE!!!"

haha!!!

welcome to the Marina, bitch!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

That's ridiculous... this is a $5 record.

Now that I have spent the $25 profit from this copy, I'll agree.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

CTI WTC Covers

• kilogramkilogram 152 Posts

anyone know if the first CTI release is any good? some folk record apparently.
    i really like the second one, a jazz-rock kinda album called FLOW

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

As opposed to that $70 Sergio Mendes....

This record has routinely been getting $10-20, maybe for the last year or two. Now if you want me to explain why I will quietly bow out of the discussion.