Tables for tables

Medium_DudeMedium_Dude 153 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
So, i'm bout to cop a Rane 56 tomorrow, and can barely contain the excitement... My only issue is that my current setup rests on a pretty wobbly table, and it makes my cutting and mixing more unsure than i'd like.I'm really trying to step my dj game up in the '06, so this wobbly table nonsense has to stop. Some cats are talking to me about some sort of A frame table from Ikea, but i haven't been able to find it online. Any other recommendations for a sturdy solution? Am i better off trying to build my own table? Or are there other common tables that are typically DJ friendly?

Comments

• I'm assuming this is the proper place for a

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I've been using this workman's bench that I got at the hardware store. It's a steel frame with 3 bits of wood for the top bottom and shelf. very sturdy and the perfect height for most DJs... I'll try post a pic or take a photo to show u. Can get it at most hardware stores... most DJs who I've hipped to it swear by it after trying it...

peace.

• So, i'm bout to cop a Rane 56 tomorrow, and can barely contain the excitement... My only issue is that my current setup rests on a pretty wobbly table, and it makes my cutting and mixing more unsure than i'd like.

I am in the same wobbly boat as you my dude. When I do a spinback I need to hold the table with my other hand so it doesn't shake too much.

• I've been using this workman's bench that I got at the hardware store. It's a steel frame with 3 bits of wood for the top bottom and shelf. very sturdy and the perfect height for most DJs... I'll try post a pic or take a photo to show u. Can get it at most hardware stores... most DJs who I've hipped to it swear by it after trying it...

peace.

That's what's up. There's a hardware store right down the block actually... Got me a mission.

Thanks Sheep!

• So, i'm bout to cop a Rane 56 tomorrow, and can barely contain the excitement... My only issue is that my current setup rests on a pretty wobbly table, and it makes my cutting and mixing more unsure than i'd like.

I am in the same wobbly boat as you my dude. When I do a spinback I need to hold the table with my other hand so it doesn't shake too much.

Yeah it's mad frustrating. I usually just kinda lean against the table to try to keep it still...

• whatup M***!

Yeah, I'm totally with sheep on this one. I actually use an old countertop on top of two stacks of milkcrates. A little jiggley, but nothing that effects scratching or heavy tricknology.

• feeling the screen name