Songs you'd like to see covered...

PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
With all these threads about cover songs. How about songs that you would like to see get covered. I was just listening to she by the misfits. I'd like to see that song get covered by a band like breakestra. I don't know if it would work but I'd like hear it. Just as long as the song doesn't sound the same. Any others???

Comments

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Supa thread!!

Any ideas?

• There's a lot of stuff I'd like to see covered.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I thought Black Steel In The Hour Of Chaos shouldn't have been covered. specially not by an English lass with a 'tude'.

Hey where's Funky16Corners at?

On second thoughts I'd like to hear a NoLa funk 45 cover (pt 1 & 2) of Echo & The Bunnymen - The Cutter.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Hey did you guys here that girly cover of straight outta compton? It's the complete opposite of the original. I love that song. I like to see how long it takes before people realize that it's a n.w.a. song. I forget who sings it...Some Natalie Ambruglia type chick. Let it bleed by the stones is begging to be covered.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I am on record as not being a fan of the Grateful Dead.

Just the same I always thought that Casey Jones and Truckin' would both be good songs if you just gave them a backbeat, horns and a vocalist. Truckin would be soul, Casey Jones would be blues.

Come on and hat, I can handle it.

Dan

I'd like to hear a D'Angelo cover of Marshall Jefferson's House Music Anthem. Just tonight, and pretend you're really a girl. Wow I really should get back to the turntables.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Id like to hear Al Green and his 70's session guys cover R. Kellys Ignition(remix).

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    In My Life by Matthew Larkin Cassell.

When the World Is Running Down You Make the Best of What's Still Around - but both these are requests that I wish HAD been covered - I'm not looking for some asshole group from today to do this.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    nico gomez - baila chibiquiban
    georges garvarentz - les temps des loups

those are real strong musically, i figured it will be hard to kick out dull versions of those. but then again, probably equally as hard to beat the ogs.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

I had the project to make covers/remixes of some of Monty's best compositions but this project won't see the light... for the moment.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    hot, did you get multitracks of the ogs?

• anything by pearl jam played by james brown's late 70-s band

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Mc Dee, nope, not needed... is it?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Fat Joe,Biggie,Rahzel do a Fat Boys song.