Pressing records without clearance?

HAZE1HAZE1 40 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Im about to get a 12" break record pressed in a month or two. I would like to know where i can go and get 1000 records pressed without having to provide sample clearances and all that mess. My tracks are going to have mad samples in them so i need a place that will do this. alot of places though i have been hearing want label verification and want to see clearances before they press anything. My boy just had a nightmare getting a bunch of cds pressed and they would only do the art, and wouldnt press the music due to 1 sample. And held his money, so he basically payed $600 for artwork on blank cd-r's. I know there has to be places that will do this, casue cats like madlib and doom dont clear there samples. At least they didnt. If anyone has had any experience in this it would be greatly appreciatied. http://thelowendtheory.blogspot.com

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    CLEAR YOUR SAMPLES FOOL!!

• REMODEREMODE 91 Posts
    Bill Smith Custom Records -it's somewhere in Cali and I had no problems with samples

• HAZE1HAZE1 40 Posts
    haha i would love to, but im a little guy, and this is on some promo tip.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    haha i would love to, but im a little guy, and this is on some promo tip.

I don't know the facts, but does putting "for promotional purposes only" on the label get you around having to clear stuff? It seems the same as passing around a demo. your just letting people know what you can do and not charging for it