Goblin??

DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
was watching a rather nice giallo the other day "Watch Me When I Kill" aka "The Cat with the Jade Eyes" by antonio bido.. very solid little effort i nthe genre.Anyhow the music was very very dope and very very golbin.. the patented goblin bass tone, the weird accoustic guitars, the rapid time shifting.. everything about the OST screams Goblin.. yet they arent credited.. the only referance i can get to thhe music is that its by "Trans Europa Express".anybody no anything about this?

Comments

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    og italian title is "Il Gatto dagli occhi di giada"

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    From another board: "The music is in the style of Goblin, but I once asked Claudio Simonetti about this and he did not remember doing it."

man it sounds SOOOO much like goblin it is uncanney...

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I love that tune "Snip Snap" from Goblin's ROLLER LP...

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Has anyone seen the original 'dawn of the dead' and then listened to the Goblin soundtrack (which is actually titled 'zombie')? It is different, at least the version I have. Does anyone know of a second soundtrack, or of an official 'dawn of the dead' (US pressing) soundtrack?

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    Has anyone seen the original 'dawn of the dead' and then listened to the Goblin soundtrack (which is actually titled 'zombie')? It is different, at least the version I have. Does anyone know of a second soundtrack, or of an official 'dawn of the dead' (US pressing) soundtrack?

there was alot of library stuff in that movie, a compilation of was released on trunk records pretty recently:

http://www.trunkrecords.com/turntable/dawn.shtml

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    was watching a rather nice giallo the other day "Watch Me When I Kill" aka "The Cat with the Jade Eyes" by antonio bido.. very solid little effort i nthe genre.

Anyhow the music was very very dope and very very golbin.. the patented goblin bass tone, the weird accoustic guitars, the rapid time shifting.. everything about the OST screams Goblin.. yet they arent credited.. the only referance i can get to thhe music is that its by "Trans Europa Express".

anybody no anything about this?

Yep... I got it from Karagarga. The music was alright, but it definitly was ripping off goblin(The movie itself was an argento ripoff). I read somewhere goblin(simonetti) complained about alot of biters basically. All I know about this score is alot of the sounds are a bit generic like i've heard them before, and that it's most likely done by a studio group. It's not even credited to a composer from what I remember.

- spidey

Yep... I got it from Karagarga. The music was alright, but it definitly was ripping off goblin(The movie itself was an argento ripoff). I read somewhere goblin(simonetti) complained about alot of biters basically. All I know about this score is alot of the sounds are a bit generic like i've heard them before, and that it's most likely done by a studio group. It's not even credited to a composer from what I remember.

- spidey

yea hthe movie is not particularly original.. but then agai nno giallo is particularly orignal..

the music is credited to "trans europa express" on imdb.

anyhow if someone was able to bite goblin that hard i need to knoiw HOW TO GET THAT BASS TONE.. fuck its sooo good.

You should email the guys from the GIALLOS Flame.

It's a new band that gets that style down pat with only 2 members.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=103715

- spidey

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    you both got it from karagarga? i searched for all the 3 titles and found shit! still have too much movies on my hd i havent seen yet anyways tho.

I can request it for you if you want. I also got the complete goblin discography from KG.

PM me at KG tracker. Same name.

- spidey

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

there was alot of library stuff in that movie, a compilation of was released on trunk records pretty recently:

http://www.trunkrecords.com/turntable/dawn.shtml

you made my day. thanks!

• I can request it for you if you want. I also got the complete goblin discography from KG.

PM me at KG tracker. Same name.

- spidey

Damn mang, I *really* need to hit you up......

I wish I had something to add to this thread, but McDee answered knewjack's question already. I'll just say that DotD (OG) is easily in my Top 5 of all time and Goblin...well, they're the shit.