Irony meter hits red

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
That Howard Stern spent the last couple or years bitching about the FCC (I mean, it seemed like most of his schtick recently was this feud he was having with them) and now he's probably going to need them to stop people from pirateing his Sirius broadcasts.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    He's still getting paid regardless.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I think he came out at first and was like I understand why... blah blah blah.. Do what you gotta do... blah blah blah. And after he just asked for people to support the show and sign up.

For the most part, it's Sirius thats shitting a brick. But can you blame them? If I had hundreds of millions of dollars invested, I'd be trying to get my ROI.

That said.. It can't be stopped.

• thats kind of funny too. He was supposed to do a spot for Clearview about cable radio and he kept fucking it up on purpose, saying it would never go anywhere and nobody would listen to it. Now that he ownes half of Sirius radio he doesn't stop talking about how "its the future, and he' making the future." I mean he's not dumb but Sirius had to dump half there programming so they could pay him. Its basically been rebranded as "Howard Stern Radio." He's going to pump it up, then sell his shares and that 'll be that.

thats kind of funny too. He was supposed to do a spot for Clearview about cable radio and he kept fucking it up on purpose, saying it would never go anywhere and nobody would listen to it. Now that he ownes half of Sirius radio he doesn't stop talking about how "its the future, and he' making the future." I mean he's not dumb but Sirius had to dump half there programming so they could pay him. Its basically been rebranded as "Howard Stern Radio." He's going to pump it up, then sell his shares and that 'll be that.

I mean, there's a big difference between cable radio and satellite radio. Having done a cable radio show show for a year, I would have to agree with him. To be honest, I think satellite radio is going to phase out extremely fast. Satellite/broadcast radio will both eventually phase out as podcasting gets more popular and accepted as a standard rather than alternative.

just my 0.02

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    this may be lame but whats "podcasting" mean? sounds very sci-fi!

• this may be lame but whats "podcasting" mean? sounds very sci-fi!

not the most helpful picture ... maybe try harder next time to be either

a) funny

or

b) helpful

Invasion of the poddy casters

hahaha.. no crying babydada... i just thought that you could of had a better comeback instead of the same old boring homer simpson "d'oh!" not very creative out there in NY are you? maybe moving to a slower town where people think homer's "d'oh!" is still very comical would suit you better...

• hahaha.. no crying babydada... i just thought that you could of had a better comeback instead of the same old boring homer simpson "d'oh!" not very creative out there in NY are you? maybe moving to a slower town where people think homer's "d'oh!" is still very comical would suit you better...

Homer's D'oh is always comical.

• Its basically been rebranded as "Howard Stern Radio." He's going to pump it up, then sell his shares and that 'll be that.

I doubt it. Satellite radio is a legitimate product and anyone with a daily commute would be doing themselves a favor by getting it. Aside from the music channels, the political stations are at a time when big business has a monopoly on all forms of major media. You have to be a detective in order to figure out what is going in the news (not Bush's rhetoric), and I know Sirius has its fair share of legit news sources, although they just dumped air america.

• i think they dumped fox also.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Its basically been rebranded as "Howard Stern Radio." He's going to pump it up, then sell his shares and that 'll be that.

I doubt it. Satellite radio is a legitimate product and anyone with a daily commute would be doing themselves a favor by getting it. Aside from the music channels, the political stations are at a time when big business has a monopoly on all forms of major media. You have to be a detective in order to figure out what is going in the news (not Bush's rhetoric), and I know Sirius has its fair share of legit news sources, although they just dumped air america.

This is baffling to me......why is Air America having a hard time finding an audience. They appear to represent the views of a good percentage of Americans??

• Its basically been rebranded as "Howard Stern Radio." He's going to pump it up, then sell his shares and that 'll be that.

This is baffling to me......why is Air America having a hard time finding an audience. They appear to represent the views of a good percentage of Americans??

you're so full of it, who do you think your kidding. and don't pervert my Howard Stern thread for your shallow political agenda.

very informative... thanks.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    not very creative out there in NY

You son NY you son yourself. Dingleberries like Sabadaman notwithstanding.

Its basically been rebranded as "Howard Stern Radio." He's going to pump it up, then sell his shares and that 'll be that.

you're so full of it, who do you think your kidding. and don't pervert my Howard Stern thread for your shallow political agenda.

Huh???

• not very creative out there in NY

BigWhiff is right.

i think right wing stations are just more entertaining. People like Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck are full of shit, but even liberals tune in just to hear what type of propaganda they are pumping on any given day. On the other hand, its kind of frustrating listening to Air America, because it gets aggravating thinking about how the average american is still buying Bush's bullshit.

I dunno... I seriously think that subscription radio will eventually (and possibly very soon) give way to:

A. Advances in tech that allow portable wifi recievers in mobile/auto devices. Already in Japan and Korea wifi radio on cell phones is killing broadcast. They didn't even bother with satellite, they made the jump over the technology altogether.
    B. More niched and better produced podcasting. Podcasting is an infant technology but already is shows more promise than satellite radio ever has.
    C. Podcasts are free and available on devices that you probably already own. No need to buy extra and proprietary equipment.

This is baffling to me......why is Air America[/b] having a hard time finding an audience. They appear to represent the views of a good percentage of Americans??
    well, in my opinion, everyone knows mel gibson is a religious zealot and robert downey jr.'s just a boozer powderkeg waiting to ignite...

I didn't bring up Air America......

Wanna keep it on Stern...no prob.

I used to be a big fan.....grew up in the same neighborhood as Jackie The Jokeman and used to work with his wife Nancy so I had personal interest in the show.

Stern "jumped the shark" about 5 years ago right after he divorced.

Spent his whole career revealing the most private secrets and personal demons of every guest he had on his show but when it came time for his personal life to be scrutinized and revealed it was "off limits".

The "Me against the FCC", game shows that prove strippers aren't brain surgeons and making fun of the mentally handicapped schtick got old real fast for me.

I give him 2 years tops unless he re-invents himself and so far from what I've heard on Sirius, that ain't happening.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

BigWhiff is right.

who said that?

hey spliff, clear your out your pm's hommie!

miks answers await

seriously... did you just learn to read? read what i wrote again... s-l-o-w-l-y. i wasnt sonning NY. did you read the part that went "...are you?" after the above quote? no disrespect man but please be more accurate next time that you throw your words at me... plus just a few minutes ago i was trying to be helpful with your billy lamont record... jeez!

why would i son NY? i go there 3 to 4 times a year, some of my best friends and my best man at my wedding live there, my wifes family lives there, etc...

babydada - youre still not funny... maybe taking some classes or hanging out with different people may help you. outside of your posts regarding the records youve recently found, which i will say have been quite nice, youre just not interesting enough to pay attention to... but its been a real pleasure having this back and forth with you. enjoy your day puddin'...

• not very creative out there in NY

seriously... did you just learn to read? read what i wrote again... s-l-o-w-l-y. i wasnt sonning NY. did you read the part that went "...are you?" after the above quote? no disrespect man but please be more accurate next time that you throw your words at me... plus just a few minutes ago i was trying to be helpful with your billy lamont record... jeez!

why would i son NY? i go there 3 to 4 times a year, some of my best friends and my best man at my wedding live there, my wifes family lives there, etc...

babydada - youre still not funny... maybe taking some classes or hanging out with different people may help you. outside of your posts regarding the records youve recently found, which i will say have been quite nice, youre just not interesting enough to pay attention to... but its been a real pleasure having this back and forth with you. enjoy your day puddin'...

im glad you like the records, but I dont know who your are. Thanks for caring and enjoy your trips to the big city.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Haha, only joking really, but I just feel the weight of the collective hatt on NY strutters (mostly justified of course)

Look, you think that Billy Lamont on Bang didn't show up in google? Thanks anyway though

• Stern "jumped the shark" about 5 years ago right after he divorced.

I agree, but for different reasons. Before his divorce Stern was more likeable because he didn't present himself as a celebrity and he just came-off as this funny nerd who made jokes about how ugly he was. After his divorce, he became more egotistical and started dating supermodels. He still tries to play up the self-deprecating humor, but it just doesnt play well. People could relate to Stern before (even though he was making millions), now he is just another rich celebrity.

Stern "jumped the shark" about 5 years ago right after he divorced.

I agree, but for different reasons. Before his divorce Stern was more likeable because he didn't present himself as a celebrity and he just came-off as this funny nerd who made jokes about how ugly he was. After his divorce, he became more egotistical and started dating supermodels. He still tries to play up the self-deprecating humor, but it just doesnt play well. People could relate to Stern before (even though he was making millions), now he is just another rich celebrity.

Totally agreed

Haha, only joking really, but I just feel the weight of the collective hatt on NY strutters (mostly justified of course)

Look, you think that Billy Lamont on Bang didn't show up in google? Thanks anyway though

never hating on NY. if it wasnt for the snow and the extreme heat id live out there... but i dont like snow or the sun very much.

and i didnt look up billy lamont i just know the tunes and have his record. i got my 45 game on lock! ... sometimes.