Post a record that can't be Googled!

13»

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I've got this great funk 45 sitting in my ebay box. It's fustrating because I know if Keb or Josh had played it out it would be worth $$$$ but as an ungooglable it aint worth jack.

Bob Hopkins Orchestra Funk From The Get Go El Toro Records.

Came in the same collection that brought me the Moments.

Dan

• I picked this up last night. From 1969 or 1970, could this be Ricardo Marrero's first appearance on wax? Most of the compilation is quite tepid but Ricardo's cut is sublime, a vibes led version of The Look Of Love. Does this turn up much or is my excitement justified?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

I picked this up last night. From 1969 or 1970, could this be Ricardo Marrero's first appearance on wax? Most of the compilation is quite tepid but Ricardo's cut is sublime, a vibes led version of The Look Of Love. Does this turn up much or is my excitement justified?

Oooh, I have this one. It's worth keeping for Hey Hey Hey alone
    Otherwise give it to me, thanks.

• Do you like that exponians? What's the cut on there, I have it but never got into it.

• I picked this up last night. From 1969 or 1970, could this be Ricardo Marrero's first appearance on wax? Most of the compilation is quite tepid but Ricardo's cut is sublime, a vibes led version of The Look Of Love. Does this turn up much or is my excitement justified?

Oooh, I have this one. It's worth keeping for Hey Hey Hey alone
    Otherwise give it to me, thanks.
    Yeah, you're right, I kind of overlooked Hey Hey Hey at first because I was all excited about the Ricardo Marrero cut.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I'm a bit confused - are you guys proud that these records cannot be googled? I mean, there are butt-loads of shitty recods that no one cares to know about cause they are, well... shitty.

If these are amazing things post them on waxidermy???. they will immediately become very Googleable - cause we are tastemakers on the very cutting edge of the record game???. One dude actually fell off yesterday - that's how close to the edge he was. I have no idea where he is now...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I'm a bit confused - are you guys proud that these records cannot be googled? I mean, there are butt-loads of shitty recods that no one cares to know about cause they are, well... shitty.

Those records are generally quite available because no one wants them, hence will appear on Google searches easily

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

Those records are generally quite available because no one wants them, hence will appear on Google searches easily

dude - I am picking private press bullshit outta my teeth that can't be googled. There is enough to bury an entire city in!

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I've got this great funk 45 sitting in my ebay box. It's fustrating because I know if Keb or Josh had played it out it would be worth $$$$ but as an ungooglable it aint worth jack.

Dan

that's a 'known' record - Detroit thing - I had a couple copies, can sell on ebay for like 75 to a bill. It's the same recording as Herbie Williams on El Toro.

it gets google hits too - like a few other 'ungoogables' mentioned in this thread...

---

• What if the only google hit comes up with:

http://www.zeiger.franken.de

Does it still count?

ha ha, good point!

and the answer,,,, no.

i know for a fact that dude lists fake records on his discogs. (because a 12" single will say "taken from the album bla bla bla", he will list the album, many times this will never exist. see quincy huitt on chocolate cholly's)

His discographies are incomplete/ spotty - but on so many killer local twelves his site is the only thing that will come up.

vinylfarben etc.

uber.

• aleit,

yo does that houston talent show record have a really spaced out tune on it with lyrics like "you got to put some pep in your step" and weird synth in the bkgrnd??

thanks,

Dan

that's a 'known' record - Detroit thing - I had a couple copies, can sell on ebay for like 75 to a bill. It's the same recording as Herbie Williams on El Toro.

it gets google hits too - like a few other 'ungoogables' mentioned in this thread...

---

Thank you. Please post a link, I can't find one.

I'll do a Herbie Williams search now.

Dan

Dan

---

Dan

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q="bob+hopkins"+"funky+from+the+get+go"&btnG=Google+Search

using quotation marks for phrases can be very useful.

good record, I like it.

Dan

---

Dan

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q="bob+hopkins"+"funky+from+the+get+go"&btnG=Google+Search

using quotation marks for phrases can be very useful.

good record, I like it.

Thank you for the help. I use quotes, but didn't get those. Funk45 mentions it in the Herbie Williams listing. I've now seen it from your low of $75, to 200 UK Pounds.

Dan

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

---

You requested 1 items, but 0 were available

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I've mentioned it here before, but I have a Thelma Houston record I've never seen on google or ebay. It's titled "Deep Deep Soul" and came out on Koala Records in 1976. The music sounds much earlier, though. I've googled song titles too, and I'm pretty sure they're all exclusive to this release. The cover is the same as her "The Devil in Me" cover, but it's tinted pink. There are a few great cuts on it.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    incredibly difficult / literally impossible bands to google:

1) !!!
    2) The The
    3) ALL

• djrdjr 511 Posts

I've got a private-press folk LP that I haven't been able to find anything out on yet......

• eddison effect - many times before

Can't find any info on the band but think they recorded it at the 'Maucks house' aka Fredlo Records, based in Davenport, was owned
    and operated by Fred and Lois Mauck out of their Davenport home. The Maucks lived upstairs while the ground level was occupied
    by the business and studio. The company functioned both as a recording studio for hire and a record label. Mr. Mauck acted as
    both label head and recording engineer. Aspiring musicians would pay to have themselves recorded and records made up. If Mr.
    Mauck sensed some commercial potential he might record and release the recording as a Fredlo record. Details of the Fredlo operation
    remain sketchy as both the Maucks have since passed away, but it is thought that the label operated at least from the late 50s to the late 60s.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts

Dan

---

Yeah, I got a copy. Signed by Bob too, and was probably meant to be for a friend or radio station as it has 'Check this out' scrawled across the paper sleeve in red ink.

• Sorry I'm late to the post.... I've got a load of "ungooglable" LPs, but here are some fun ones from last weekend. Threw up some mp3s too.

Mexican LP with a heavy cover of A HREF="http://sulley.dm.ucf.edu/~aschrock/temp/images/guijira.mp3">"guijira".

http://sulley.dm.ucf.edu/~aschrock/temp/images/IMG_0404.jpg" alt="" />

St. Peter & Paul shooting stars, a virgin islands steel band from 1972 (?). Somewhere between good and hilarious... has covers of marvin gaye ("what's going on") and A HREF="http://sulley.dm.ucf.edu/~aschrock/temp/images/steelstars.mp3">kool & the gang ("kool is back") . Not bad for a bunch of kids.

No fronting on the 'fros, either.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    I figured this thread is worth reviving to see if anyone's willing to share something from their crates. This record CAN be googled but until now there's no complete sound file of the best track. Ted Picou's Sleep Walker:

Supports the theory that the quality of the cover is disproportionate to the quality of the groove

http://www.divshare.com/download/12128509-a25

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Gene Tilley - Time

Even though this was part of Shadow & Chemist's Product Placement, you can't find it for schitt!

It seemed to have escaped all the track listings.

Anyone got an MP3 ?

ariel_calmer said:
    Sorry I'm late to the post.... I've got a load of "ungooglable" LPs, but here are some fun ones from last weekend. Threw up some mp3s too.
    br

/>

Mexican LP with a heavy cover of A HREF="http://sulley.dm.ucf.edu/~aschrock/temp/images/guijira.mp3">"guijira".

http://sulley.dm.ucf.edu/~aschrock/temp/images/IMG_0404.jpg" alt="" />

St. Peter & Paul shooting stars, a virgin islands steel band from 1972 (?). Somewhere between good and hilarious... has covers of marvin gaye ("what's going on") and A HREF="http://sulley.dm.ucf.edu/~aschrock/temp/images/steelstars.mp3">kool & the gang ("kool is back") . Not bad for a bunch of kids.

No fronting on the 'fros, either.

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    IMG_0402.jpg

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    IMG_0401.jpg

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts

Uploaded with ImageShack.us