edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Don't you?

Comments

• Yeah

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I always had trouble pronouncing them. Kinda like NYPD

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Hell yes.

Then again, I kinda miss that era in general so...

• It's not just the nostalgia (which of course it is)- but the sort of "everyman" type vibe they had. Plus it tore up the clubs.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Hell yes.

Then again, I kinda miss that era in general so...

But they were kind of in two eras no? they did well enough in the post 91 baller producer era but IMO weren't as convincing as rappers as they were with the first 2 LPs. First one is legendary... and was recorded all in one takes right?

• yes, i did uncover a great freestyle with epmd and chali 2NA...so damn good, makes me realize how much i miss 'em...

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    who killed jane????

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    First 3 lps..........

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    jane

haircut like anita baker

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    I love me some EPMD.

But... I love how Bobby Jimmy does'em on NY/LA Rappers.

HAHA... Fallin' asleep!!!!!!!!!!!

• I, too, miss the E-double and Mic Doc.

Now, rap is out of control.For sure, dude.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    I like freestyling to Symphony 2000.

(bucket hat-era)

i still mess w/these too...

mainly for K.I.M. on the B-side

(Remix)

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Just saw a sealed pic 12" for "You Had Too Much To Drink". Never knew that existed.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Yes!!! they're one of my alltime fav's as well,the only album i didn't really like from them was "Out Of Business"

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I remember seeing Parrish Smith in a club, out in Seoul about 4 years ago and being very intimidated to talk to him. Dude was rocking his fisherman hat too.

Anyways, I miss EPMD.

in 8th grade, we had an assignment to recite the words/lyrics of any song in prose form...
    i did "housin", and got a C.

• Yes indeed.

nice remixes on that 12".

[bitter sarcasm] If you miss EPMD then you obviously don't like rap music.[/bitter sarcasm]

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Yes indeed.

There's nothing about that song that isn't fucking dope as hell.

Yes indeed.

I heard that (or read somewhere, maybe rap lists) LL refused to do the video so they hired a lookalike. please confirm or deny.

Yes indeed.

I heard that (or read somewhere, maybe rap lists) LL refused to do the video so they hired a lookalike. please confirm or deny.
    I heard the same thing. I forgot why he didn't do the video in the first place.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Yes indeed.

I've heard that, too, but I have no idea if it's actually true or not. I don't know why he would refuse to do the video--that verse is one of the illest and rawest he ever kicked.

Yes indeed.

I've heard that, too, but I have no idea if it's actually true or not. I don't know why he would refuse to do the video--that verse is one of the illest and rawest he ever kicked.

Urban legend?

LL's verse was a classic.

Yes indeed.

Urban legend?

To me, just to me, I thought Parrish came harder.

Yes indeed.

Urban legend?

Hmmm.

I'll give it another listen tonight.

Yes indeed.

Urban legend?

Hmmm.

I'll give it another listen tonight.

I mean, it's just my opinion. The lyrics might not be as tight as LL's but the delivery kills it.

• Yes indeed.

Urban legend?

all verses rip, but L on I got rhymes up the UNGH! forget it, I'm constipated kills it for me. that's up there with taking rhymes around the corner to the rap rehab. hadn't heard the video story though.

• I got rhymes up the UNGH! forget it, I'm constipated kills it for me. that's up there with taking rhymes around the corner to the rap rehab. hadn't heard the video story though.

THAT BRINGS ME BACK! Not to change the subject, but how about L's verse on the "Flava in ya ear" remix?

I got rhymes up the UNGH! forget it, I'm constipated kills it for me. that's up there with taking rhymes around the corner to the rap rehab. hadn't heard the video story though.

THAT BRINGS ME BACK! Not to change the subject, but how about L's verse on the "Flava in ya ear" remix?

Are you contrasting a good LL verse with a shitty one?

• definitely not - I thought that was

no seriously:

Heesheeee,
    Uhhhhh...blowticious,
    Skeevee [mmmmmm] delicious,
    Gimme coos coos love me good,
    Uhh damn,
    Hollis to Hollywood but is he good?,

c'mon that's the definition of flavor!