CK MANN - FUNKY HIGHLIFE

dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
edited May 2005 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
somebody. anybody.I just want an mp3. Just want to jam with this song. One more time. One last dance. That is all.But if you have some wax, shit.

Comments

• Oh man.
    I wondered what this track was for YEARS, finally figured it out recently.
    How rare is this record?

The bass drum is

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

indeeeeeed.

pretty expensical. I've seen it between $90 and $250. I just want to do funky dancing to this song. this is all.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    I think this was released on a comp a couple years back. But it does deserve an MP3 post up.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    oh, and this track is unfuckingunfuckwitablyfuckingbadassdope

I think this was released on a comp a couple years back. But it does deserve an MP3 post up.

it was comped. but I can guarantee that the dudes that comped it thought they knew a thing or 2 about mastering. fuckers.

i need a straght-from-the-vein rip of this thing.

• I was thinking that Antibalas may have been going for this heavy bent drum sound on the "Che Che Makossa" single too...just rambling

I was thinking that Antibalas may have been going for this heavy bent drum sound on the "Che Che Makossa" single too...just rambling

that's why I like that che che so much.
    it reminded me of this. and reminded me that I need to be jamming this right about now.
    this also sounds like the kind of rhythm that a LOT of producers have been emulating to get that special knock. From Timbaland all the way to the Chemical brothers.

BOOM BOOM BOOM.

• Haha yeah that's true...hadn't thought about the new club stuff in that regard but it makes total sense. Sort of a really heavy/resonating but slightly metallic sound or something like that. Frequencies.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    If folks are feelin C.K. Mann, I highly recommend copping this CD

The Tony Allen tune is beyond As sampled by Common for Heat.

01 I.K. Dairo - Okin Omo Ni

02 King Sunny Ade - Maa Jo

03 C.K. Mann - Funky Hi-Life

04 Tony Allen - Asiko

05 Captain Yaba - Neribalankina

06 Adewale Ayuba - Fuji Shuffle

07 E.K. Nyame - Bra Ohoho

08 Sir Victor Uwaifo - Joromi, Mo

09 E.T. Mensah - Day By Day

10 Eric Agyeman - Matutu Mirika

11 Chief Stephen Osita Osadebe

12 Sweet Talks - Fakye Me

13 Amanzeba Nat Brew - Baawo

And if you like the Boom Boom Boom, look out for Spam Allstars. here and here.