Can someone summarize this okayplayerthread?

sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
seriously, this is off the chain...i need someone to make me a "strutter's makin too many moves in the real world summary" of all this talk!! thanks in advance...

Comments

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    yeah, here you go...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    phonte said some stuff about southern rap

I assumed Faux would have a fit having someone from little brother comment on southern rappers

I made a remark saying that faux tends to like the "shuck and jive" rappers more than "concious" rappers.

Faux said he listens to southern rap because its more concious and soulful than other rap regions.

people thought I was generalizing the south so I took the example to Camron and his drug dealing braggadocious style.

JP said Cam'ron is a serious artist

I said I can only enjoy him from the aspect of him being a parody

people said I just don't get him then.

I called Cam'ron an ignorant rapper for his subject matter.

I asked for some concious trick daddy lyrics

someone posted some concious trick daddy lyrics.

I asked if this was an exception or the rule

and you are now caught up

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    phonte said some stuff about southern rap

I assumed Faux would have a fit having someone from little brother comment on southern rappers

I made a remark saying that faux tends to like the "shuck and jive" rappers more than "concious" rappers.

Faux said he listens to southern rap because its more concious and soulful than other rap regions.

people thought I was generalizing the south so I took the example to Camron and his drug dealing braggadocious style.

JP said Cam'ron is a serious artist

I said I can only enjoy him from the aspect of him being a parody

people said I just don't get him then.

I called Cam'ron an ignorant rapper for his subject matter.

I asked for some concious trick daddy lyrics

someone posted some concious trick daddy lyrics.

I asked if this was an exception or the rule

and you are now caught up

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• a highlight from dizzy bull:

I'll play, even though my opinion doesn't matter.

If Dwayne cater was from New York City, nobody would care about that nigga right now yo....and that's fucked up.
    Thats probably true.

niggas who LOATHED Cash Money 5 years ago, rave about how hot Wayne is now.
    I agree with that.

A note to all my follow Southerners: When you hear niggas say shit like the South is fucking up hip-hop or any variations thereof, they're only talking about ATtlanta.
    I wouldn't know, but I don't think so?

In today's times: The South = Atlanta
    I wouldn't know.

1. They're NOT taling about Houston. Niggas like Face, Bun, Geto Boys, and Devin are legends who can actually fucking spit and have tons of respect in all circles. And what Devin lacks in lyricism, he more than makes up for it in humor, presence, singing, and charisma.
    I would agree with that. I don't really know anything about Bun, and technically face and the geto boys is the same thing. But I like them and Devin a lot.

And you could preety much say the same for the rest of the Houston's underground (Paul, Cham, Slim, Screwed Up Click, ESG, Lil' Keke, Z-Ro, etc...) Ain't nobody mad at Houston.
    Well, I don't know about this list. I think paul wall is a nerd, and the rest of them I dont really think I've ever heard/ hear of.

4. They're NOT talking about Miami. The Booty era is no more, and even when Luke and 'nem was poppin, it just made the girl dance real fast and made niggas want to fuck. Everybody left the club sweaty, happy, and horny. How could anyone be mad at that?
    Did anybody ever consider miami to be "the south"? I never did.

5. They're NOT talking about Carolinas because aside from Petey Pablo and 9th Wonder, we dont exist. Can't be mad at somebody you dont even know.
    I suppose so.

Atlanta is one of the most loved AND hated cities in hip-hop right now.
    Only the internet hates atlanta. TV, radio, magazines, etc have a hard on for anything that comes from atlanta.

What other Southern city can give you a T.I. AND a Young Jezzy; tow cats who address the 'trap' from two totally different angles, and one with so much morek skill and finesse than the other?
    I have to admit, I don't know which one he is saying is supposed to be better than the other. According to soulstrut they are both geniuses. And I've never heard either of them, so I have no place to comment.

What other city in the South can give you the Soulful meditations of Dugeon Family, then turn right around give you something as Nigtastic as 'Laffy Taffy?'
    What other city? Fuck if I know. Any other city?

don't get upset when the South takes some SERIOUS industry backlash in '06.
    I don't see that happening.

well, there's my 2 cents. I figure if this is going to be a 20 pager I might as well jump in.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

whoever that is... she's got some yams! and no, I don't watch any tv.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I've done a lot better than that....

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Ok, thanks a lot! I somehow get the point. well, kind of...keep on, strutters!

• HHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHA I just watched that for like five minutes.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

• dayday 9,611 Posts

HHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHA I just watched that for like five minutes.

Credit is due...

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    indeed i laughed hard...edaily is that kind of dood!!!lol

but yo, it reminds me the Iraq beheading in a way. And i feel like it's some black-on-black crime propaganda at the same time. So i won't promote it.

• HHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHA I just watched that for like five minutes.
    dibs on avatar!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    my favorite part is when master p opens his eyes