Best CD ripping program?

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
ok folls and nerds, time to help a hommie out. I need to know a good CD ripping program. I have a bunch of joints I recorded from vinyl to CD and need to get them on my hard drive. I need a program where I can pick the sound quality 192K, 256K or 320K and need to be able to convert to regular CD audio or MP3. What is a program that is easy to use and will have these features? I need a free one that I can download online. I am using a PC with windows XP.Thank you!Chan

Comments

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    I believe CDex has all of these features and is pretty easy to use:

CDex

...plus, it's free

SG

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I believe CDex has all of these features and is pretty easy to use:

CDex

...plus, it's free

SG

Co-signal, and don't forget to turn on CDDB and think "WTF?" when the thing finds titles for your vinyl rippings.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    PM -

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    PM -

Thank you!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    EAC + LAME for encoding
    should be the first google links for either search

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    you can do this on iTunes really easily if you know how to use it

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    does anybody know why ITUNES cant burn mixed cd's w/o making the segueways inbetween tracks sound so fucked? any help would be appreciated.

-rich

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Just the kind of shit that makes me not want to use Itunes, or Ipods for that matter, they make all decisions for you, and almost nothing is customizable, cause everything has to be easy, simple and streamlined. the program Nero from the company ahead has a lot of choices (pauses, etc), don't know if it can record from vinyl (maybe), but if you can record the sides, it will let you drop track markers...

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    Audiocatalyst / Audiograbber

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Just the kind of shit that makes me not want to use Itunes, or Ipods for that matter, they make all decisions for you, and almost nothing is customizable, cause everything has to be easy, simple and streamlined. the program Nero from the company ahead has a lot of choices (pauses, etc), don't know if it can record from vinyl (maybe), but if you can record the sides, it will let you drop track markers...

are there more than one like..version of itunes? i know theres different version numbers, but my roommate claims he just downloaded it, yet he has almost NO options on his.

on mine you can adjust just about anything you can think of, including track splits.

his version looks almost outdated too, in comparison. i wonder what the deal is.

but yeah, i have no complaints with itunes. you just have to know how to make it rip everything to a 320kb mp3 instead of a 128kbps AAC file or whatever the crappy default is...its really quite simple.