FIRFOX

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
IS IT BETTER THAN THE REST FOR SEARCHING AND BROWSING?CARLOS

Comments

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    I use it because it's safer (not as big a target as IE) but I dig the tabbed browsing experience now.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    IE is faster for loading most web pages but Firefox is more stable IMO and is more user friendly. Especially for plug-in's (aka extensions).

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    IS IT BETTER THAN THE REST FOR SEARCHING AND BROWSING?

Firefox + the following extensions: No Script, Adblock - one of the safest surfing modes available currently; the now free Opera browser may also be of interest...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    FYRFOX IS DAT SHIT. not only is it safe, but the tabbed browsing and little customizeable search box at the top right are SERIOUS

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    IE is faster for loading most web pages

Yes, but no...

IE only beats out other browsers in loading pages that were specifically written for IE (most of the pages out there were either written with IE only in mind or solely tested on IE). Most open standard pages will load faster in Firefox.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    FIREFOX FOR LIEF RIGHT HERE... Hated the browser hijacks with IE... but I do think IE loads web pages way faster. Tabbed browsing on Firefox is ill as well. Tried getting with Opera and just didn't jibe with me.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    FIREFOX FOR LIEF RIGHT HERE... Hated the browser hijacks with IE... but I do think IE loads web pages way faster. Tabbed browsing on Firefox is ill as well. Tried getting with Opera and just didn't jibe with me.

There needs to be a Soulstrut Firefox Search Engine top right corner thing!

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Has anybody noticed decreased stability with the java script blocker? Firefox started crashig every now and then after I installed the extention and it never crashed before.

Still, Firefox is

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Is this graemlin really needed? Bad enough I need to see the "not a good look" guy everyday.

Is this graemlin really needed? Bad enough I need to see the "not a good look" guy everyday.
    This is a good time to ask, who (what?) the hell is the "not a good look" guy? It looks like a Michael Jackson Oompa Loompa. Where does it come from?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts

This is a good time to ask, who (what?) the hell is the "not a good look" guy? It looks like a Michael Jackson Oompa Loompa. Where does it come from?

It's seriously "Not a Good Look"

Google: Brian Peppers

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    java script blocker?

why on God's earth would you want a javascript blocker in your browser

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts
    IE is faster for loading most web pages but Firefox is more stable IMO and is more user friendly. Especially for plug-in's (aka extensions).

Isn't there a modified version called "faster fox"?
    I think it caches all linked website while it's idle running(?) so you can surf faster.

Edit: Faster Fox

Whoa. You weren't kidding. I found his page on a sex offender site. That's so sad.

But wtf???:
    Scars, Marks, Tattoos: n/a[/b]

Um,

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Whoa. You weren't kidding. I found his page on a
    sex offender site. That's so sad.

But wtf???:
    Scars, Marks, Tattoos: n/a[/b]

Um,

basically... He suffers from a rare birth condition that fused his craniofacial bones together when he was an infact, hence the "freshly squoze" look.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    hence the "freshly squoze" look

!!!

You got me right there!

• used firefox for a long time until i upgraded to the latest version when the display went all wrong. switched to opera which also has tabbed browsing, and now soulstrut loads reaaaally slowly since the redesign. why? this forum is now almost unusable thru opera??? i.e. sucks.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    I think yall should try Maxthon browser.
    It has all the features Firefox has and many more, and it's way better than Firefox imo.
    Its only problem is that it's based on IE.

Peace

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

I can't reccomend this highly enough.

- spidey

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    IE is faster for loading most web pages

Yes, but no...

IE only beats out other browsers in loading pages that were specifically written for IE (most of the pages out there were either written with IE only in mind or solely tested on IE). Most open standard pages will load faster in Firefox.
    IE will perform better under Windows because it's built into the Windows shell but beyond that...

I would recommend Firefox to anyone on a PC but be sure to keep up with all the updates.

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    I was happily using Opera aswell before it turned into a crackhoe..
    Seriously, shit would just crash when it felt like it and half the scripts suddenly didnt work anymore, so was I was viewing all script related sites in IE again.

Firefox seems to be the real schitt though. I'm not looking back!
    I'm just missing that trashcan function you had in opera. Its pretty handy
    I bet there is some FF plugin that does about the same... just need to find it

FFRelatedQ: Can anyone hook me up with that gemm & popsike searchengine??? PLEAASEE?

I was happily using Opera aswell before it turned into a crackhoe..
    Seriously, shit would just crash when it felt like it and half the scripts suddenly didnt work anymore, so was I was viewing all script related sites in IE again.

Firefox seems to be the real schitt though. I'm not looking back!
    I'm just missing that trashcan function you had in opera. Its pretty handy
    I bet there is some FF plugin that does about the same... just need to find it

FFRelatedQ: Can anyone hook me up with that gemm & popsike searchengine??? PLEAASEE?

I've never never never had that problem with Opera. Guaranteed it was your computer. Opera is flawless like jesus. What version were you using? Do you know how many extensions you would need in Firefox to do what Opera can?

whatev..

- spidey

• Think in Russian!

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts

I've never never never had that problem with Opera. Guaranteed it was your computer. Opera is flawless like jesus. What version were you using? Do you know how many extensions you would need in Firefox to do what Opera can?

whatev..

- spidey

It now resides in Hell, where it belongs.
    Naw, I guess you're right. But to be honest I like Firefox alot more.
    I just neeeeeed that trashcan function and the searchengine thingys

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    this forum is now almost unusable thru opera??? i.e. sucks.

Really? I'm surfing the board right now in Opera and everything is loading lickety split.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    this forum is now almost unusable thru opera??? i.e. sucks.

Really? I'm surfing the board right now in Opera and everything is loading lickety split.

This is how I see SoulStrut in Opera:

Does anyone know how I set Opera to display the text in the left margin?
    Thanks in advance.

Peace

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Same thing over here, that's why I use FOX

You use firefox, because of a compatibility problem with soulstruts coding? lame.

It looks like a post doesn't have table properties so it inherits the properties of it's parent table. It can be easily fixed by editing the CSS class "post" to have a left alignment.

- spidey

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    You use firefox, because of a compatibility problem with soulstruts coding? lame.
    - spidey

No, I use Firefox beacuse it defines me as a person.

firefox = hip and lame.

- spidey