Ralfi Pagan Wanted

indiana45sindiana45s 266 Posts
edited January 2006 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Ralfi Pagan; Fania SLP-377Ralfi Pagan: Ralfi; Fania SLP-417Hook me up with some of Ralfi

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Ralfi Pagan: Ralfi; Fania SLP-417

Hook me up with some of Ralfi

i had that record, but i really didn't like it. you should give it a listen first, if you don't know it. i was very disappointed.

• RezRez 164 Posts
    Ralfi Pagan; Fania SLP-377

This sucks, bro - believe me - it's Salsa..

Rez

• I believe Indiana45's knows what he's looking for: Ralfi singin some sweet soul.

• Ralfi Pagan; Fania SLP-377

is one of those the one with i can make it with you ?

dave

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Ralfi Pagan; Fania SLP-377

dave

That ees thees wun:

"With Love"

• Maybe I'm confused. There are two I want - the first with the Balloon cover and a second Ralfi Pagan record with an ?all white cover? I listened to it at Groove Merchant a couple years ago and passed. Haven't seen it since.

Then there is one with an eyeball? and I'm not looking for that one.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    know what i'm sayin'?

• Ralfi Pagan; Fania SLP-377

dave

That ees thees wun:

"With Love"

oh that's the only ralphi pagan record i can find in the "field". there is one in the "field" right now and if anyone needs a copy let me know and i will go into the "field" and get it.

sorry can't help you about those indiana45s...

dave

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    ?all white cover?

real funky black man soul?

• Maybe I'm confused. There are two I want - the first with the Balloon cover and a second Ralfi Pagan record with an ?all white cover? I listened to it at Groove Merchant a couple years ago and passed. Haven't seen it since.

Then there is one with an eyeball? and I'm not looking for that one.

OK goddamn it. You guys suck. Here's how it goes:

1. Ralfi Pagan "A Star Is Born", or S/T - cover with the balloons. SICK. Hardest to find IMO.
    2. Ralfi Pagan "With You" features "Make It With You". Many copies have a bizarre pressing flaw - the songs start repeating on side B after the first cut on the side, it just goes back to the first cut on side A. So watch for that. I've had several with the flaw, and only ONE without it, and that one is pretty beat.
    3. Ralfi Pagan "I Can See" aka 'with the eye'. Great album, maybe 2nd best except it doesn't have "Make It With You"
    4. Ralfi Pagan "Ralfi" this does not suck, it is not "straight salsa" (as if straight salsa sucked in the first place) it is a later sound for sure, more rocky like say War or Chicano but not bad by any means, I grabbed from the Merchant a year or two ago (maybe the exact copy?). Fave cut is "Bottom Line" which is funky and dope. gets $40-50.

Jesus I thought you people knew something about music

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

4. Ralfi Pagan "Ralfi" this does not suck, it is not "straight salsa" (as if straight salsa sucked in the first place) it is a later sound for sure, more rocky like say War or Chicano but not bad by any means, I grabbed from the Merchant a year or two ago (maybe the exact copy?). Fave cut is "Bottom Line" which is funky and dope. gets $40-50.

Jesus I thought you people knew something about music

but i was half-seriuos about the ralfi lp. i actually listend to it all the way through. i think i still got it (at my basement). but i really don't like it.
    i know my post was stupid. other people might like the record. 'scuse.

PS: i paid 5 USD for a NM copy on eBay. i don't think that you should pay more than 10.