BUGS

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
GRAEMLINS WORKING NOW.... ANY OTHER BUGS I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT?

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Having trouble using the search function. I don't seem to be getting results and keep getting "date range is too wide" using a few different combinations of dates to search within. Anyone else give that a try yet?

• The recent posts thingy beside the total posts count. Or were you planning on getting rid of that?

• Can we send PMs now?

PS: looks great by the by... props!

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    background-attachment: fixed in your CSS for the front page yo.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    You cannot make another search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    the search engine has been extended to one year instead of one month.

I was told that the unread posts feature slows the board down. Dunno what I should do but I was getting a lot of complaints that this board was getting real sluggish especially around 4 PM EST everyday.

PM max is 200.. so dudes who are over that will not be able to accept PMs. This is a good chance to do some spring cleaning.

One other retarded thing that I have yet to tweak. If you are writing a long reply or post and you have the window open for more than 10 minutes, it times out. So you might want to copy your log winded diatribes before submitting.

??

??

the 2 columns below photo = scrolling over here.

i'd lock the background from scrolling with the text, nahmeen?

Thanks for extending it to a year. One more for ya'...is there a limit on how long you have to wait to do a search after you just did one?

??

yeah.. the code I have currently works fine in IE but the background will not stay fixed in FireFox.

??

yeah.. the code I have currently works fine in IE but the background will not stay fixed in FireFox.

gotta flex that CSS.

do you have the background image defined in a CSS property, or just in the table cell itself?

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    there's still a bunch of white - on white text (like in this post, where 'BUGS' should be in the subject line, and on the 'Main Index' page)

• Yeah, I can't see the title of the post once I get inside it. I get confused sometimes...

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Raj, you could also add some more contrast to the picture that's at the top of the Forums page. I still can't see what the hell that shit is. Maybe an arm??? Don't know. It's still got too much white.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I was told that the unread posts feature slows the board down. Dunno what I should do but I was getting a lot of complaints that this board was getting real sluggish especially around 4 PM EST everyday.

Hatters!! I like this feature, slowness be damned.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    background css fix///

>style

.body {
    background-image: url(../images/content_bkg2.jpg);
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-attachment: fixed;
    background-position: top left;
    }

>/style<

add it inside the head tags and be sure to flip the brackets around the style tag of course ...

but do this only in the files that show inside the iframe...not the main index file. You should be good to go.

Site looks good...

t.dogg

Raj, you could also add some more contrast to the picture that's at the top of the Forums page. I still can't see what the hell that shit is. Maybe an arm??? Don't know. It's still got too much white.

Hmmm...on my Mac at home the image at the top of the screen is lighter than it is on my work PC. But the text underneath the forum categories and thread titles that you can see while reading threads is lighter on the PC than on the Mac.

background css fix///

>style<

.body {
    }

>/style<

add it inside the head tags and be sure to flip the brackets around the style tag of course ...

but do this only in the files that show inside the iframe...not the main index file. You should be good to go.

Site looks good...

t.dogg

Thanks tsega. That code works great with FireFox but not with IE (bkg shows up as white space)

I'm sure there is a way around this...

Sooks... I am not seeing the white on white text issue. Mabe because I am an admin?? or is it a MAC issue. I just ordered a MAC so I can do a first ever Safari Soul Strut test.

Motown... the uppernavigation image is abstract and was meant to be a background for the banner ads on the rest of the site. Unfortunately, the banner ad doesn't like to cooperate within UBB like the rest of the site, so I have to embed them in the topics list.

Thanks for the feedback duders!

there's still a bunch of white - on white text (like in this post, where 'BUGS' should be in the subject line, and on the 'Main Index' page)

Looks like I fixed it?

• Still seeing a lot of White-on-White crime over here on Internet Explorer.

what's up RAJ, cheers on the new digs, and that's a sweet dedication
    to your family on the front.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts

Looks like I fixed it?
    No...
    Actually it's light grey on white in the posts you've read already, and light grey on light grey in the new posts.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    it would be nice if the "exact match/any word/etc" feature was available on the search like before. Right now it gives a ton of irrelevant threads.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    it would be nice if the "exact match/any word/etc" feature was available on the search like before. Right now it gives a ton of irrelevant threads.

try putting what ur searching for in " "

• Still seeing a lot of White-on-White crime over here on Internet Explorer.

what's up RAJ, cheers on the new digs, and that's a sweet dedication
    to your family on the front.

D'oh! I thought that was Oliver's daughter (seriously).

Am I alone here?

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    background css fix///

>style

.body {
    }

>/style<

Site looks good...

t.dogg

Thanks tsega. That code works great with FireFox but not with IE (bkg shows up as white space)

Raj,

if I remember correctly, here's what I had to do to get around that...

set the background image "../images/content_bkg2.jpg" for the TD
    set the background image "../images/content_bkg2.jpg" for the iframe inside the iframe tag as well

...that should fix the IE bug..

• SooksSooks 714 Posts

Looks like I fixed it?

looks good now.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Hatters!! I like this feature, slowness be damned.

Doesn't the legend icon to the left of the thread serve a similar purpose? One might not be able to see exactly how many new posts have been added since the last time reading the thread, but at least you can see there has been some added. That's good enough for me if it speeds up the board navigation.

• [color:#666666]Damn, I was hopin'.[/b] [/color]

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    The recent posts thingy beside the total posts count. Or were you planning on getting rid of that?