Dave Chappelle's Block Party trailer

djcommiedjcommie 31 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
HEREIt looks like it's more than just a concert movie a la Wattstax. Should be pretty funny too.

Comments

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    HA! Wish I coulda been there.

Is Chappelle and the music groups on here big enough that this could make theatrical release juss like Fade To Black?

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    Oh, Theatres March 3

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    I haven't honestly been so intensely excited to see something in a long ass time. This can't be bad and the trailer looks super-dope too!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    I haven't honestly been so intensely excited to see something in a long ass time. This can't be bad and the trailer looks super-dope too!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    looks cool
    I wonder if his collabo led to the Kanye + Michel Gondry video

ah nevermind, Google tells all:

"Kanye and Michel have collaborated before ??? West performs in Gondry's upcoming documentary, "Dave Chappelle's Block Party," and the director actually played drums on the rapper's "Diamonds From Sierra Leone" (see " 'Can He Do It Again?' ??? Kanye West Says New LP Backs Up His Bragging") ??? but "Heard 'Em Say" marks their first video together. The clip is also Levine's first with Gondry, who is best known for his innovative videos with the White Stripes and Bj??rk, as well as for last year's feature film "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind."
    "

wonder if chappelle will come out of hiding and do some publicity. the "third season" of his tv show is droping this year as well so he might emerge from the shadows. hopefully he'll do howard stern so we can hear what really went down.

• I'll definitely be seeing this,

STONED!

• slushslush 691 Posts
    saw this at the toronto film festival (drunk)
    it was great, but i dont remember a great deal of it

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    definately

p.s.: yay secon post
    p.p.s.: sorry for my crappy english

• ayejayayejay 24 Posts
    for all my bravo heads (project runway, what!) chappelle is on behind the actors studio tonight.

for all my bravo heads (project runway, what!) chappelle is on behind the actors studio tonight.

when is it from?

• ayejayayejay 24 Posts
    my bads, it's feb 12th. 2 hr episode, hopefully from after the breakdown.

• yeah, it is after the "breakdown"

and I dont think he is in hiding..he is doing stand up and going to events/parties and shit