I'm So Embarrassed!

coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
So I was playing around with my cell phone last night and discovered all of these "hidden" features, eg, you can mix your own beats (add in drums, bass, piano, etc. using a base beat with the keypad). Anyway, I downloaded my first ring tone, "Still Tippin," just to be funny. I usually put my phone on vibrate at work, but I guess I forgot because someone just called me and all of a sudden my co-workers hear "Still tippin on fo-fos" blaring from my phone.

It's not really that kind of workplace, you know what I mean?

Comments

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    "Still trippin on no-doze, wrapped in labcoats."

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Atleast they didn't see 'those' pics of Da**el

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    that is embarassing but not quite as embarassing as you folls knowing that i post on the sage francis board. i am so tempted to out some of my fellow soulstrutters as well.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    That's pretty cool, but when my cell phone rings my co-workers hear:
    "Still tippin' in Volvos wrapped in Volvos!"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    that is embarassing but not quite as embarassing as you folls knowing that i post on the sage francis board. i am so tempted to out some of my fellow soulstrutters as well.

If you're talking about R**s, we already know about his secret stash of Buck 65 vinyl...

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

Did I show you 'those' pictures? I don't remember, I had a few Jamesons that night.

Did I show you 'those' pictures? I don't remember, I had a few Jameson's that night.

ALL YOU LITTLE DUDES READING THIS: THERE ARE NO SUCH PICTURES--SHE IS JUST JOKING.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

If you're talking about R**s, we already know about his secret stash of Buck 65 vinyl...

I can't remember if I relayed this anecdote here on SS but I spun at the Fillmore Lounge last month when Handsome Boy Modeling School and Buck 65 were on the bill. They managed to sell out the Fillmore...95% white people, for real.

During one of my sets, White Dude??? steps up to the tables, leans over and says:

"You're Kid Koala, right?"

Kid Koala

Your boy (w/ his girl0

Not so much of a relation.

The money moment came after I corrected his error:

White Dude??? sez: "keep on spinning the tunes dude" and then puts his fist out so I can give him a fist tap.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts

I can't remember if I relayed this anecdote here on SS but I spun at the Fillmore Lounge last month when Handsome Boy Modeling School and Buck 65 were on the bill. They managed to sell out the Fillmore...95% white people, for real.

During one of my sets, White Dude??? steps up to the tables, leans over and says:

Kid Koala

Your boy (w/ his girl0

Not so much of a relation.

The money moment came after I corrected his error:

White Dude??? sez: "keep on spinning the tunes dude" and then puts his fist out so I can give him a fist tap.

Soooo.........

...did you tap[/b]????

HILARIOUS

O, that's too much. Some people really enjoy the taste of their own foot.

O, that's too much. Some people really enjoy the taste of their own foot.

It could have been worse.

My friend Hua was interviewing Joe Budden in New Jersey once and at the mall, someone thought he was Chad Hugo.

Hua:

Chad Hugo:

At least when people confuse me with Jeff Chang, it makes more sense. But Kid Koala?

i always get Lucy Liu. I guess that's better than the other famous asian-american woman who doesn't look like me, Margaret Cho.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    At least when people confuse me with Jeff Chang, it makes more sense.

Wait...you're not Jeff Chang?

i always get Lucy Liu. I guess that's better than the other famous asian-american woman who doesn't look like me, Margaret Cho.

Yo - why you hating on Margaret? I'd rather be confused for Margaret than Lucy any day. At least one of them actually has a career based on integrity to self.

That said, you don't look a damn thing like Lucy. Not REMOTELY. Her midsection isn't nearly as sexy.

*Cue "Psycho" strings*

My friend Rani, who's half Bengali, half white, has been called...Pocahantas.

Rani
    (on the left, duh)

Pocahantas

Well, now that you mention it...

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Comedy Oliver. My Japanese wife says that white people all look alike!

• i am so tempted to out some of my fellow soulstrutters as well.

bring the ruckus. and while you're at it, check your "personal journals" production credits.

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    me and Mylatency were tearing through a rap rackord collection in Baltimore and this older black lady comes up says (to M***), "you look just like William Hung." I was about to tell her she looked like Aunt J***** (even if now she got perm--I digress). Then, I realized I was the only cracker deep in a B-more ghetto flea market standing next to a wall of cheap swords.

me and Mylatency were tearing up a rap rackord collection Baltimore and this older black lady comes up says (to M***), "you look just like William Hung." I was about to tell her she looked like Aunt J***** (even if now she got perm--I digress). Then, I realized I was the only cracker deep in a B-more ghetto flea market standing next to a wall of cheap swords.

"OH NO SHE/YOU DIDN'T!"

I see the resemblance.

Yo - why you hating on Margaret? I'd rather be confused for Margaret than Lucy any day. At least one of them actually has a career based on integrity to self.

sorry O, but i just don't think she is all that funny. though i can relate to her bit about turning red when ya drink.

"did you get sunburned?"
    "nahhhh, i'm fucked up."

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    When I was copping a 40 at some random liquor store in Indianapolis, the lady behind the counter said the following:

"You look like one of them bin Ladens."

Oh word?

(edit: by the way, I'm the bearded bol)

-e

When I was copping a 40 at some random liquor store in Indianapolis, the lady behind the counter said the following:

Oh word?

(edit: by the way, I'm the bearded bol)

-e

Actually, you look more like one of them Jim Joneses...

You should have said: "Oh word? My family is very rich and powerful in Saudi Arabia....I could have you stoned to death for disrespectin' me, yo."

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

Actually, you look more like one of them Jim Joneses...

I actually get that a lot.

-e

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

GOONIE GOO-GOO MOTHERFUCKERS! [/b]

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    combos are that shit, yo!