VH1 Soul (do U have it?)

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I just ordered this station, and The first video they showed was Starpoint's Object Of My Desire........ This morning I saw Diamond D - Sally Got a One Track Mind. VH1 is fuckin' The shit they pull from the archives is crazy."Grown-N-Sexy/Modern soul/Golden Age/New Jack Swing/Neo-Soul. Shit iz Lava.Anybody wanna Testify.......

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    yah they do that sometimes on MTV JAMs, too
    I wonder who the programmers are

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yah they do that sometimes on MTV JAMs, too
    I wonder who the programmers are

This is 24hrs.........

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    VH1 Soul is pretty dope. They show some crazy joints on there mane. Saw Patrice Rushen "Forget me nots" video the other night.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    VH1 Soul and VH1 Classic play some jams. I looked forward to watching MTV2 when I got digital cable but that station is just like its flagship station: mostly shows, few videos. VH1 does it right.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I get it downhere i wish they would put back on the og one instead,after awhile you'll get tired of seeing every neo-soul video evermade.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    VH1 soul is constant rotation at my house. We have a year trial of it with our cable package..we also have BET Jazz which ocasionally has some good stuff on. ...Wierd that we have BET Jazz and the cable co. does not even offer regular BET no rap city for me!

after awhile you'll get tired of seeing every neo-soul video evermade.

Very true.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I get it downhere i wish they would put back on the og one instead,after awhile you'll get tired of seeing every neo-soul video evermade.

OG VH1 is an abomination. It makes me want to cancel cable more than perhaps any other single station

And by 'neo-soul' I really hope you aren't referring to the 80s stuff cuz...

• KaushikKaushik 320 Posts
    I've had VH1 Soul forever and it's nice to see them play old classics.. just the other day they had a solid hour of dancehall videos from the 80s and 90s. And the old school rap videos too... I hadn't seen that Chubb Rock "Treat Em Right" video in eons but VH1 Soul played it not long ago.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Nah i'm talkin' about, Musiq,Jill Scott,Erykah Badu,Floetry,Kindred the Family Soul,Dwele etc.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    how do you order a tv station?

And by 'neo-soul' I really hope you aren't referring to the 80s stuff cuz...

I think he means the 90's stuff. They are a bit heavy handed there.
    Loose Ends is different from Heather Hadley.

Video Station.......

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

I don't think this is an option for you and I

Assuming you have OLD SCHOOL cable as well right?

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    VH1 Classic has fallen off a bit in the past few years as they have tried to develop programming such as their show "Classic/Current," a completely terrible idea. Still, their Classic Soul segments are usually on point, and they often fit old school rap into the mix.

They need to just keep it simple and replay old "Yo! MYV Raps" episodes in their entirity. Maybe they already do this somewhere? I don't have all the MTV/VH1 variations. If not, how are they missing this? I am talking about basic common sense.

• edubedub 715 Posts

Video Station.......

[From Latin video, first person sing. present tense of videre, to see. See vide.]

They need to just keep it simple and replay old "Yo! MYV Raps" episodes in their entirity.